There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Soniccouture Summer Sale up to 60% off

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
heisenberg

Soniccouture Summer Sale up to 60% off

Post by heisenberg »

Soniccouture just announced a brief but decent sale on all of their products.
Soniccouture-Summer-Sale-2017.jpg
Many of their good titles are about 40% off, if they have been around for a year or more. Their more esoteric stuff can be had for 60% off. If you are interested in things like a big Mbira, their Grand Marimba, Konkrete, Geosonics, etc now is a good time. No code necessary so they say. Sale ends July 3rd.

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/
Andrew Stone

X-bassist

Re: Soniccouture Summer Sale up to 60% off

Post by X-bassist »

I really like Soniccoutrue, but I'm sad to say they are going the way of every bad American salesperson (I'm american so I'm just owning up to it).

Most of these instruments are 25 or 40% off, some are 50% off (which is their normal sale price) and 1 item (you guessed it, their cheapest product, Scriptorium) is 60% off. Saving you a whopping $24.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and their instruments are great (I own 80% of them already) but using 1 cheap item to claim "up to 60% off" is a bit sad and despirate. They have good stuff, they should realize they don't have to resort to tricks to get people to check out the site. I miss when they had just 50% off sales across the board, and they didn't try to hype it up.

Though I'm glad to see their newest product is 30% off (electro-acoustic drums)- at least they are trying. :)

Topic author
heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

I stand corrected, I did the math on some of them and quickly scanned the rest. The only 60 percenter is Scriptorium. However...

Many people who have a few Soniccouture libraries have a mental wishlist of others they want, hence why I mentioned the sale. It's not often you need a concert sized Mbira but when it comes on sale like this, why not.
Andrew Stone

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I have several of their libraries, and they get used quite frequently. They are interesting and really well done. I'm going to grab Xtended Piano this time around! I don't remember them having sales, not sure I've had a chance to take advantage of a sale there, but I am today!

wst3

Post by wst3 »

as if I needed encouragement Anders.

But thanks, because what the heck, we all need a little encouragement from time to time!

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I finally got the pan drums ... I know I am late! ;-) Thanks for the hint!

ghobii

Post by ghobii »

Anders Wall wrote:
wst3 wrote:I have several of their libraries, and they get used quite frequently. They are interesting and really well done. I'm going to grab Xtended Piano this time around! I don't remember them having sales, not sure I've had a chance to take advantage of a sale there, but I am today!
Ohhh, the bowed piano is so damn good.
I use it all the time sometimes layered with saw, flaut or flag. strings and high woods.
It makes people put down what they have in their hands and listen.
Yes, it is THAT good.

Best,

Anders
Just had a listen. Great, another item for the very long wishlist. Thanks, thanks a lot.

Topic author
heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Just looking through their instruments and had completely missed this one: an Ondes Martenot. An early synth incorporating a keyboard with vibrato and a pitch sliding device from the Victor Hugo era. Boulez used it, Edgard Varese used them Ecuatorial and his well known Poèm électronique. More temptation!

The first demo piece on the SC site is nice

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... g27-ondes/

Brief Video showing its use:

Andrew Stone