There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

PremierSoundfactory / DrumTree

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

PremierSoundfactory / DrumTree

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Soon available: PremierSoundfactory's brand new DrumTree, a bundled-updated-expanded-and-enhanced collection of all their drumlibraries thusfar, and a product of which they're apparently proud enough to even dedicate a special website to it: DrumTree.

I already have several of those original libraries (so I'm not sure I'll upgrade) and they're really good. PremierSoundfactory-style good that is, which means: great sound — the most convincing 70's sound I've ever come across in drumsamples anyway —, but leaving quite a bit to be desired programming-wise. Hopefully, they've upped their programming-game with the new DrumTree Kontakt-instruments.

- 9.6 GB (about 17 GB uncompressed sample pool)
- Kicks & Toms: 25 variations from 8 kits / Snares: 41 variations from 13 snares / Hihats: 27 variations / Rides & Crash cymbals: 67 variations from 25 cymbals
- Intro pricing: $269 / Normal price: $349

_

wst3

Re: PremierSoundfactory / DrumTree

Post by wst3 »

Some of those demos were remarkable - 50's bebop sounded EXACTLY like what I imagine when I think of late 1950s Bebop. Several others had the same effect - grunge and punk and the 70's Detroit Pop for example.

There were a few that didn't strike me the same way, but I think that was largley because the styles are not something I work with?

I'm not sure what other features they've included, some additional time at their web site will be required!

Can't imagine Toontrack Superior 2 taking a back seat, but this could well do the trick. If all the styles that interest me are as well done as the examples I think I'll have to make the investment. Thanks for the heads up Piet!

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Oh shit... when I got this mail today I immediately sorted it to spam because of the ugly green GUI. Now listening to the demos I really have to think about my conviction that I'll never need any more drum samples... damn! I'm a retro nerd and this is too good to ignore!

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Do I need it?..Sigh! :)
Frank E. Lancaster