There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Lexicon Plugins 50% Off Ends Dec 1st

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Lawrence

Re: Lexicon Plugins 50% Off Ends Dec 1st

Post by Lawrence »

I like Valhalla Room. For a considerable amount more money, what do the Lex plugins bring to the table?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Larry,
A love Valhalla as well (although Plate is a little disappointing after comparing sonics to the UAD EMT). Lexicon is just another flavor like Eventide, 2CAudio, Sound Toys, etc. I would also add that the Vahalla's are pretty simple compared to the Lexicon plugs.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Aesthete wrote:<snip> I would also add that the Vahalla's are pretty simple compared to the Lexicon plugs.
And that is a big deal - assuming the sound quality is sufficient for ones needs.

I've been playing with the Valhalla demos recently, and I really do like them. I can probably get many of the room and vintage sounds from my UAD plug-in, but it requires a great deal more effort. If I'd spent years twiddling a LARC perhaps I could work more quickly, but well...

I expect that my next studio cash will go to Valhalla.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

What is the difference between the PCM reverbs and the LXP ones...other than the latter only has 4 rooms?
Frank E. Lancaster