There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NOVO Strings by Heavyocity

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Muziksculp

Re: NOVO Strings by Heavyocity

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

OK, well... I finally decided to purchase NOVO Strings at $399 !

Maybe it was curiosity, or the fact that I feel that I'm a Strings Library Addict, and want to have as many flavors of Strings as possible in my Strings Library Collection. ;)

I will post my opinion about it once I have it installed, and have the chance to play, and discover it for a few hours.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

Here is a short review of NOVO Strings by Ask Audio https://ask.audio/articles/review-heavyocity-novoNOVO Strings Review by Ask Audio

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

Here is a new video by Heavyocity showing some NOVO presets :

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Here is another NOVO Strings Review/Tutorial video :

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

OK, well... I finally decided to purchase NOVO Strings at $399 !

Maybe it was curiosity, or the fact that I feel that I'm a Strings Library Addict, and want to have as many flavors of Strings as possible in my Strings Library Collection. ;)

I will post my opinion about it once I have it installed, and have the chance to play, and discover it for a few hours.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
I love how this thread goes for Muziksculp. From... what is this? To... I like this.... to...I don't need this... to... I'll bought something else instead, I'm very happy.... to... Okay, I bought it anyway while it's still on sale. ...

Are these the 6 stages of G.A.S.? He's only missing the... "I didn't use it as much as I thought, but there's this New Library!" Stage... I think these strings will always come in handy. I'm just forcing myself to wait for the next half off sale. Giving my own gas time to subside. Besides, I want to see the 6 month review from Mulziksculp! ;)

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Ah that's very funny. Yes I think you've identified the stages of G.A.S. There's probably a psychology paper in there.

Arousal, Denial, Impulse, Justification, Disappointment, Acceptance, etc

In fairness, I had decided I didn't like NOVO pretty early on, but that Preset video that musiksculp posted above reveals a quite different angle, and there are some crackin' sounds in there...

So what stage am I at now?

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Ah that was a quick turnaround Musiksculp! Curious ot hear your thoughts and experiences.

I think you are in the justification stage Paul ;) You will then enter for a slight moment when the stuff is downloading after the purchase the disappointment stage, because again resistance seemed to have been futile haha, but then the glorious acceptance stage will come straight after probably!

My switch came when I watched through the Daniel James video. First time I actually finished one of his videos (I like him, but never have the patience nor time to sit through 2 hours), but this got me hooked and he made some good points and I agree with what he said and that is: this can be done with processing your string libraries or creating sounds in synths, but this is a timesaver and it has it all in a neat package and you can experiment with it as you want. In the end it is a good investment if you are into this kind of writing because it saves time, has a good solid quality and will make you able to deliver.
Also what Daniel James pointed out and I can only agree with him "It has the vibe". I would use a slightly different phrasing myself, but it essentialy that what he said nails it. The ambience and atmosphere is really good and inspiring and a lot of times instant gratification :D