There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Superchord

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Erik

Superchord

Post by Erik »

https://www.lmdsp.com/

From the dev :
"Superchord is a novel effect plug-in which emulates virtual strings resonating in sympathy with the input audio.
The strings can be tuned to any pitch, and even be played live using MIDI keyboard, as an instrument.

Superchord transforms your sounds into complex, animated textures with an organic quality.
It can also be used as a special kind of reverberation to add a touch of ambience to your tracks.
Superchord opens a myriad of possibilities for musicians, producers and sound designers alike.

Applications
Add virtual sympathetic strings to any instrument such as guitar, piano, etc.
Imprint a harmonic layer onto rhythmic loops, preserving source dynamics
Get inspired by mutating existing sounds into something new
Create otherworldly special FX for sound design"

You'll find audio exemples on the dev site. Audiofanzine is quite raving about it ; and if you don't read french, at least you can listen to some more audio exemples from the tester/writer (AF is really not a complacent audio website so if need be they care to focus on a bug/default/con ):
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/plugin-fx-di ... n-arc.html
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

lorcan

Re: Superchord

Post by lorcan »

Hi Erik,

thanks for mentioning my plug-in and glad it sparked your interest !

I wanted to you and other potentially interested members here

- the price is reduced to 99€ so more people can afford it
- version 1.0.2 is available for download with many bug fixes and improvements

Hope you like it !

Cheers,

Lorcan

PS: an example of one the alternatives skins for those whose eyes are hurt by grey / orange tones :P

lmdsp audio plug-ins