There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Korg Gadget (now also for Mac)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Korg Gadget (now also for Mac)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Korg Gadget, a well-established (and award-winnning) app for iOS, is now also available for Mac. It’s usually described as an 'all-in-one production suite’, but its most attractive feature for Mac-based DAW-users is probably its impressive and wide-ranging collection of instruments (a 30-piece assortment of all types of synths, samplers, drum-tools, FX, even including a grand piano, electric pianos, electric organ, …) which are now all available as plugins inside your DAW.

To get a good idea of what’s included, this is the place to look (and listen): the Gadget Collection

Gadget for Mac intro price is $199.00 (reg. $299.00).
Gadget for iOS is currently 50% off ($19.99) with in-app purchases discounted up to to 50% too.

_

chillbot

Re: Korg Gadget (now also for Mac)

Post by chillbot »

I want the gadgets! I don't understand.. if the plugin collections support VSTs can't I use this on a PC? I don't want the app/software I just want the plugins....

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Odd - looks like a kind of Garageband / DJ type affair? More synth toys, sure, but if that's their market, it'll still be a tough sell since Garageband is free on Mac OS. I mean, gee - $299, Logic is $199, right?

Perhaps its most tempting for those already using the app, and would like the ability to ramp stuff up.

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Maybe fun for 10€ per gadget...

Are the M1 and Wavestation the full versions?

Marius

Post by Marius »

I adore Gadget, so seeing it on Mac is enticing. The gadgets are each fun and quirky...it's less of a recording environment like Garageband and more like a self-contained musical workstation like Reason. Except you can use these plugins elsewhere without the ReWire hassle.

Anyway, the M1 and other gadgets with expansions are all the full versions—all available expansions are included in the Mac version, with the exception of the Ivory piano expansion for Module. Also there's a note on the site saying the iWavestation gadget is coming in the next version.
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Amazing that Korg has found a way to repackage their synths again! Even the M1 is being sold as separate products for different platforms- Mac, tablet, phone, even smaller gaming devices. Good for them. I just don't see myself buying these products again when the legacy desktop version does all that was in the originals (with all expansions) and was bought on sale for $50. Granted there is much more in this package, I just don't see any of the other sounds beating out what's already out there for Kontakt and other platforms.

Perhaps for someone starting or someone who really wants to compose on their tablet or phone. Hopefully it's inspiring to use for those that have it.

chillbot

Post by chillbot »

chillbot wrote:if the plugin collections support VSTs can't I use this on a PC?
That's a good question, I'm wondering the same thing. So I even have a mac mini in the other room that I've never used... I could download and install it on that (if I can figure out how to turn the dang thing on) and then could I move the VSTs over to my PC and use them in Sonar?

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

chillbot wrote:
chillbot wrote:if the plugin collections support VSTs can't I use this on a PC?
That's a good question, I'm wondering the same thing. So I even have a mac mini in the other room that I've never used... I could download and install it on that (if I can figure out how to turn the dang thing on) and then could I move the VSTs over to my PC and use them in Sonar?
No, different code, it won't work.