There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Soniccouture Electro Acoustic Drums

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
X-bassist

Soniccouture Electro Acoustic Drums

Post by X-bassist »

Just got this from SC. Great idea with multiple signal paths sampled that you can combine.

Many electronic Drum Kits sampled, Linn, 808, 909, etc with multiple mics.

Could this be Guy's ultimate 80's electronic kit? When will this madness end??

Soniccouture
ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC: STUDIO DRUM MACHINE
S

What if you record vintage drum machines in a pro studio?

With a big club PA and lots of mics?

That's what we wanted to know. So we found out.

Now you can too!

CHECK IT OUT NOW
INTRO OFFER: GET $20 | €20 OFF ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC

Simply go to Soniccouture.com, add Electro-Acoustic to your cart and

ENTER CODE:WOWKHHTT

Offer ends 1st May 2017

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... 0OUT%20NOW

Guy Rowland

Re: Soniccouture Electro Acoustic Drums

Post by Guy Rowland »

X-bassist wrote:When will this madness end??
Oh lordy, I know. At £139 its not an impulse purchase, but I like their different approach. I'm totally bushed today to give the videos a proper listen, tomorrow I'll give it a go. Thanks for posting, X.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Wow, watching through the videos, this is quite the beast. Inevitably, its really geared towards EDM / Hip Hop / club music, since the sound of a room and PA is one of the big selling points. Some very clever features though, these two videos start to give a flavour of the versatility

I think they possibly missed a trick for club stuff in particular by not having a second kick drum track for long boom / short kick variations.

As for general use, perhaps this isn't quite so suited. It only has 6 tracks. I presume all the elements of each drum machine were sampled, but if wanted all the toms, claves, shakers etc from, say, a CR78, you'd likely run out of tracks.

In short, while this isn't perhaps my ultimate drum machine library, but it looks like a well targeted product with something new to offer.

Topic author
X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote:Wow, watching through the videos, this is quite the beast. Inevitably, its really geared towards EDM / Hip Hop / club music, since the sound of a room and PA is one of the big selling points. Some very clever features though, these two videos start to give a flavour of the versatility

I think they possibly missed a trick for club stuff in particular by not having a second kick drum track for long boom / short kick variations.

As for general use, perhaps this isn't quite so suited. It only has 6 tracks. I presume all the elements of each drum machine were sampled, but if wanted all the toms, claves, shakers etc from, say, a CR78, you'd likely run out of tracks.

In short, while this isn't perhaps my ultimate drum machine library, but it looks like a well targeted product with something new to offer.
I agree. With the sampled PA and electronics, it may be a very cool way to add a boom sound or punch to other kits as well. Kind of high priced for me now, but when they get to their half price sales I'll be taking another look! :)