There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

LiquidSonics’ Seventh Heaven Professional - Bricasti M7 reverbs

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Hannes_F

Re: LiquidSonics’ Seventh Heaven Professional - Bricasti M7 reverbs

Post by Hannes_F »

Oh my, this thing is seriously good.
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Piet De Ridder wrote:The first few hours I wasn’t too impressed with this plug-in, even to the point of thinking: I hope this doesn’t sound anything like a Bricasti, because if this is what a Bricasti sounds like, I honestly don’t understand what the fuss is all about.

But those first few hours have passed, and I’ve grown rather more enthusiastic. And accustomed to the tune, it whistles night and noon.
While I’m still not sure about several of the larger spaces — there’s something whirly going in some of these long tails which might work very well in a mix (haven’t tried that yet), but which, on its own, I don’t really like the sound of —, the short reverbs however are rrrrreally good.

I also like the ‘Ambience’ category very much. Some of these presets don’t generate a discernible reverb, but more a sort of suggestion of air around a source signal. Very, very useful. (To give one example: a great way to push a bass back in the mix without having to give it potentially dangerous amounts of reverb.)

Well designed, very versatile — with lots of control of just about everything you ever might want to control (except stereowidth), good sound (not quite “Wow! Never heard reverb like this before!”-good perhaps, but still pretty good and sounding really different from everything else I own), so I switched the demo license for a permanent one. I'm already using it on a job, and to good effect, which was an extra stimulant.

_
Interesting feedback.

My first few minutes with the Bricasti M7 HW were purely WOWs ! It sounds fantastic. :)

I also use the Exponential Audio M7 VST editor to edit and save presets. Works great via Serial MIDI cables, connected to a MIDI Interface.

So... Do I need to get a plug-in version of the M7 ? I don't think so. Because I'm sure it doesn't sound like the real deal.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The Seventh Heaven has just been updated to version 1.1.0 and now also includes the M7’s nonlinear reverb algorithm (and associated presets), plus a whole new bank of 'Interior' presets, simulating various indoor and even next-door spatializations (should be used with the mix fully wet).

_

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Aaaaaand I'm sold. Tried the demo for a little and I've got a nice sounding chain right now.

I don't think I was even demoing professional tbh.

I'd show you what I whipped up but it's the slippery hitching of JW in the farthest oldest galaxy

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Must resist. Must-not-buy.
Andrew Stone

Vitamin Dmin

Post by Vitamin Dmin »

Piet, is it possible for you to expand "30 Shades of Reverb" by Seventh Heaven Professional ?

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Vitamin, you mean the 30 Shades Of Reverb YouTube-video? That isn't mine, I'm afraid.
But I can make you some examples of the Seventh Heaven in action, if you like. Anything particular you'd like to hear it doing?

_

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

altiverb and seventh heaven have been the dream team for me...

have no idea about the hardware unit - I just know that seventh heaven makes things sound good XD

the scoring stage is my personal favorite!

Vitamin Dmin

Post by Vitamin Dmin »

Piet De Ridder wrote: Nov 23, 2018 1:54 am Vitamin, you mean the 30 Shades Of Reverb YouTube-video? That isn't mine, I'm afraid.
But I can make you some examples of the Seventh Heaven in action, if you like. Anything particular you'd like to hear it doing?

_
Yes that youtube-video. I thought it was yours somehow. :D
For comparison reasons, it would be nice to hear Seventh Heaven with the same sound source material, settings, etc.

Thank you, but no, there are some examples on youtube.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

KyleJudkins wrote: Nov 23, 2018 3:59 am the scoring stage is my personal favorite!
Same here, Kyle. Though I seem to remember that I like to go for one of the longer sampled decay times and slightly less low frequency content.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

I usually drop th3 high freq to .75 and low freq to like .6 but yeah idk just sounds good