There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools / Berlin Brass Muted

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Orchestral Tools / Berlin Brass Muted

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Orchestral Tools have released the second expansion for Berlin Brass: Muted Brass.

From the mail:

The Muted Brass Collection is an extremely detailed set, delivering seven outstanding solo instruments and two ensembles:
• Horn 1 (Stopped)
• Horn 2 (Stopped)
• Horn Ensemble (Stopped)
• Trumpet 1 (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)
• Trumpet 2 (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)
• Trumpet Ensemble (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)
• Trombone 1 (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)
• Trombone 2 (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)
• Bass Trombone (Straight Mute, Harmon Stem In, Harmon Stem Half-In)

Extraordinary flavours
Use the individually recorded mutes to provide remarkable sonorities to your creations.
Like all Berlin Series Instruments, Muted Brass is highly versatile and adaptable.
The specific sound of the different mutes lets you achieve a real vintage vibe as well as a classical or contemporary tone.

A perfect blend
The same uncompromising technical set up, the same seating positions of the professional Berlin orchestral musicians, and of course the sound of the perfectly balanced Teldex Scoring Stage guarantee a flawless blending with the Berlin Brass Main Collection.
Combined with Berlin Brass Main or on its own – with Muted Brass, the biggest orchestral muted brass collection ever recorded, we deliver a new tool to create unique additions to your work.

Intro Special
Muted Brass is now available for a special intro price of just 249 €+VAT, instead of 299 €+VAT.

_

FriFlo

Re: Orchestral Tools / Berlin Brass Muted

Post by FriFlo »

I was waiting for this! Somehow, I am not as blown away, as I hoped, I would be! I will buy it, as it is the most detailed brass mutes library up to date and sound wise, it has the edge to Sample modeling. But somehow - I cannot put my finger at it exactly - the sound from the demos and walkthrough does not seem on the same level as the main collection ... well, maybe I am to early with this, I will check it out, anyway!

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

The Berlin Muted Brass sound awesome to me !

Will be buying them soon.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Well, it is pretty nice, over all. I am not sure about the trombones regarding timbre and it is a pity they are missing legato, although that might be ok. What I did notice on first playthrough is that there is a big difference in timbre between Staccato and all other articulation in trumpet 2, which seems to make it difficult to combine those within one phrase. I wonder what went wrong there. Also, there are some beta aspects to v1.0 as it seems to be standard. For example, in one patch, the marcato shorts and longs seem to point to the same samples.
Over all a nice library and an ok price for the content. Much more dedication towards brass mutes than in any other library with the exception of sample modeling (which are modelled though). I think there is still room for another mutes library from OT! ;-)