There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Pro Tools HD integrates with Dolby Atmos

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Pro Tools HD integrates with Dolby Atmos

Post by Guy Rowland »

Didn't see this one coming to be fair. Applies to PT 12 HD:

Pro Tools will feature a comprehensive suite of Dolby Atmos workflows to enable audio post professionals to work more fluidly in the multi-channel and object-based audio format. New features will include built-in Dolby Atmos panning, deep Avid pro mixing control surface integration, advanced automation with the Dolby Rendering and Mastering Unit (RMU), and more.
More info over at Pro Tools Expert, who say it will be with us by end of June:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... 55ba288556

X-bassist

Re: Pro Tools HD integrates with Dolby Atmos

Post by X-bassist »

This is actually great for mixing, will make it easier to deliver multi formats. Reminds me that I thought years ago most TV music would be mixed in surround by now, never thought time would be such a factor. Most producers I know are trying to figure out ways of streamlining the process more, not add anything to it. Hopefully someday soon they will figure out the long term viability of the product should be more important than it's initial release (which is why it was so smart of Seinfield producers to shoot in widescreen on film for instance).

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

12.8 HD is now released. There's some smaller enhancements and bug fixes for regular PT too.

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

I think that Dolby Atmos friendly workflow is also in the latest Nuendo.

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Yes, it is in Nuendo but I have not been able to confirm yet to what degree. They brought it into Nuendo 7 during a maintenance release! They have broadened the theatre/game sound component of Nuendo 8 but it just hit the streets less than a week ago. I am just beginning to find my way around it.
Andrew Stone

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

heisenberg wrote:Yes, it is in Nuendo but I have not been able to confirm yet to what degree. They brought it into Nuendo 7 during a maintenance release! They have broadened the theatre/game sound component of Nuendo 8 but it just hit the streets less than a week ago. I am just beginning to find my way around it.
Andrew, that';s interesting. I've been debating whether or not to upgrade, but so far haven't had any reason to do so.

Sorry for polluting the thread. Back to Pro Tools..!