There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

The Unfinished / Zebra Velium

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

The Unfinished / Zebra Velium

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Zebra Vellum is a collection of 200 cinematic patches for u-he’s Zebra2 synth.

This soundset is designed to encapsulate a special world, where sci-fi meets ethnic, where epic meets intimate. An elemental, enticing, widescreen romance of small stories told on a huge scale. Think Cliff Martinez’s Solaris, Bear McCreary’s Battlestar Galactica, John Murphy’s Sunshine or Greg Edmonson’s Firefly. Futurism and technology clash with the raw and the low-key: the tiny details of individual struggles drawn on a large canvas. The ambience within Zebra Vellum reflects these stories. Sounds of glass, metal, wood, dirt and light, reflected in echoing spaces. There are lush mallet sequences, transparent glassy pads, grinding mechanical basses, rippling industrial soundscapes, blissful exotic leads and relentless colourful percussion. A true blend of the organic and inorganic. Simultaneously natural and unnatural. As well as providing a strong, naturalistic, sci-fi feel, this soundset has a great collection of sounds for all forms of modern hybrid scoring, and also ambient, industrial and electronic.

Zebra Vellum comes with comprehensive programming via the modwheel and the performance X/Y pads, giving the sounds extra life and you extra control.

There is also a Dark Edition of Zebra Vellum available, which comes with an additional 200 patches, where I have remixed and optimised the original Vellum patches for ZebraHZ, to give a darker, more analogue vibe. The Dark Edition also contains the original 200 patches.

Zebra Vellum will be available for £24.99 +VAT, with the Dark Edition at £34.99 +VAT."

Jaap

Re: The Unfinished / Zebra Velium

Post by Jaap »

This sounds really nice! Never purchased a preset pack yet for Zebra, but this got me interested. Nice job Matt! (love the part in your video where you say wooden tickie clickie sort of stuff. That is always how I name my presets, woodyclicky1 etc hahaha, how do you make up all those names of those sounds!).
Looking forward to see this released on friday!

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

After 2 days of browsing all your stuff (should have done that ages before....) I can say this has been released and looking forward to start working with it and incorporate it in my work. Also got myself 2 other zebra sets and the Colossus 2 and nice discount with that custom bundle option.
Thanks Matt for all this great work. I knew your stuff, but never really looked into presets that deep, but ehm, that changed now!

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I rarely buy expansion packs for my synths but when I do Matt's are the first and often the last I check out. Maybe the best way to expand ones palette at an inexpensive price.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Scoredog wrote:I rarely buy expansion packs for my synths but when I do Matt's are the first and often the last I check out. Maybe the best way to expand ones palette at an inexpensive price.
Yes indeed and I don't know if you feel the same way, but they actually trigger also again my own creativity and way of thinking. I love making sounds in Zebra (and also Omni), but I am nowhere in the leaugue of Matt and it stimulates beside the music making part also the creating part :)
Been spending the whole day with going through all those great sounds and only skimmed the surface from those 4 packs. Loving it :)

chillbot

Post by chillbot »

Bought it. It had better be good... I listened to zero demos. And I'm leaving the country for two weeks, hopefully it will still be good when I get back and can actually use it!

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

chillbot wrote:Bought it. It had better be good... I listened to zero demos. And I'm leaving the country for two weeks, hopefully it will still be good when I get back and can actually use it!
No Chillbot, I'm going to sneak into your computer whilst you're away and make all the patches terrible. :)

Thanks to everyone for the love. Hugely appreciated!

SBmusic

Post by SBmusic »

Great sounds! I might have to pick this one up. Is there a discount if you already own the Zebra bundle?

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

SBmusic wrote:Great sounds! I might have to pick this one up. Is there a discount if you already own the Zebra bundle?
If you've bought the Zebra Bundle, you should be on my mailing list and get my newsletter with the discount code.

If you didn't get it for any reason, PM me.

SBmusic

Post by SBmusic »

TheUnfinished wrote:If you've bought the Zebra Bundle, you should be on my mailing list and get my newsletter with the discount code.

If you didn't get it for any reason, PM me.
Found it, thanks! Just bought it and played around with it a bit. Your sounds never disappoint. This came at the perfect time as I'll be scoring a sci-fi feature soon. I can already tell I'll be making good use of this.