There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Synthogy / Ivory II Studio Grands

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Synthogy / Ivory II Studio Grands

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Synthogy has released Ivory II Studio Grands, a duo of classic grand pianos (a Steinway Model B and a Bösendorfer, both sampled with 24 velocity levels), as well as a update of their piano engine which is now at v2.5.

Key features:
- Steinway Model B Grand Piano, hand selected, prepared and tuned by Steinway & Sons New York
- Bösendorfer 225 Grand Piano, at Firehouse Recording Studios, featured on Grammy winning recordings
- Includes the NEW Ivory 2.5 Piano Engine
- 112GB Core Library
- Up to 24 Velocity Layers
- Multiple levels of Una Corda (soft pedal)
- Multiple levels of Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance
- Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Pedal Noise Enhancements

Price (at Best Service): €269

_

tack

Re: Synthogy / Ivory II Studio Grands

Post by tack »

It's been a while, but I do recall liking Synthogy's engine. I just never liked the tone of their pianos. The Concert D came closest but there was just something not right about the samples to my ears.

The Steinway B sounds pretty good. I'm tempted. I think I'll hold off for user feedback though. All the better if that user is Piet.
- Jason

Mikeybabes

Re: Synthogy / Ivory II Studio Grands

Post by Mikeybabes »

I have all the ivory II pianos with the exception of this release. My go to is the American Concert D with the reverb turned off and put through QL Spaces.

However, I play a lot of boogie-woogie and old time rock'n'roll piano for fun and the uprights collection is awesome for that stuff. It reminds me of my student days, when you could still find the odd pub with a piano. Much free beer was had......