There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Thrill – A collaboration of Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Stephan

Thrill – A collaboration of Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments

Post by Stephan »

Hey guys,

we’re proud to announce our latest collaboration with Native Instruments: THRILL. It’s a cinematic tension instrument for real-time performance of dramatic atmospheres, textures and clusters. The sound content is based on various orchestral articulations and fx as well as hybrid sound design.

Check out the trailer:
THRILL Trailer

All information can be found on the Native Instruments website: Get thrilled!
We’ve also created an in-depth walkthrough with lots of information on the production process and the use of THRILL. Watch it here: THRILL Walkthrough

Feel free to ask questions, if you have any. We are excited about THRILL and we would like to know what you guys think.

Cheers,
Stephan

Marius

Re: Thrill – A collaboration of Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments

Post by Marius »

I've just made my way through the demo video and I'm really impressed. It sounds great and the degree and method of control is way better than trying to bend static recordings to fit.

Congrats on the release! :D
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Agreed. I've no urgent need for it, but will hopefully get it down the line in Komplete Something Or Other - it looks very well done.

Is it easy to map to an iPad controller?

Here's that walkthrough click-free:

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Looks and sounds great, great idea. A real-time 'playable' sound design instrument.
If one was scoring a horror or something with lots of tension, I imagine this would be really effective and quite a time-saver.

Regarding the X-Y control, If one doesn't have an iPad (or joystick), what are the options? Ride two faders?
I am guessing this would have the same effect, except it wouldn't be as easy or intuitive to use or get the hang of.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

hmm, been wondering what to do for an xpad... I don't really like mine on my roli(and I don't plan on buying any apple products)

Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Sounds good and I'm working on a Mysteriosa & Sinestra album right now and could easily incorporate this library using some imagination and a good deal of laziness. Way overpriced unfortunately imo.

catsass

Post by catsass »

KyleJudkins wrote:hmm, been wondering what to do for an xpad... I don't really like mine on my roli(and I don't plan on buying any apple products)
Korg NanoPAD2, possibly?
$60 at Amazon.

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Ah! nice one, thanks! I use the NanoKontrol2 and it works fine - the NanoPad2 might sit well beside it ergonomically, and also make things like inputting drums a lot easier than my weighted A-88. (If you have any experience with the NanoPAD2, do let us know). Thanks again.

Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

KyleJudkins wrote:hmm, been wondering what to do for an xpad... I don't really like mine on my roli(and I don't plan on buying any apple products)
I used an iPad and an leap controller works fine

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

I wont use Ipad(apple product) but the korg had my eye before... so that's a good sign.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

The Leap motion control is a nifty thing and looks like a perfect suited tool for this to be honest. Only downside I have with this thing is that it somehow doesnt like broad daylight and has some minor disconnects now and then. Otherwise I would recommend it as x/y controller (I use it in combi with Zebra a lot)

catsass

Post by catsass »

Jaap wrote:it somehow doesnt like broad daylight
Move to the dark side, Jaap. ;)

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Great sounding and interesting product. At half the price I would have been forced to buy it. At this price I can wait and see where it fits into Komplete at some point.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

sounds great, one third less would make the price more acceptable. I bought it anyway and am playing around with it now :) - really cool sounds...has the same effect on me as the spitfire evolutions > inspiring.
thx! theo

Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

I spend some more time with Thrill and like the possibility, tone/sounds and ease of use.