There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools / Berlin Orchestra 'Inspire'

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Yasin Yavuz

Re: Orchestral Tools / Berlin Orchestra 'Inspire'

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

Lawrence wrote:Not to push, but how do you plan to use it? Thanks.
Umm, I guess I sounded like a beta-tester? I'm not. But I have Albion One and 1.
Waiting for 14th to download like everybody else. My observation is based-on walkthrough video for now.
How would I use it? I like ensemble patches. I have Mural and Sable Ensembles, too. I think of sample libraries as realistic and inspirational sounds. I don't act like an orchestrator/conductor with them, so they become more enjoyable.
I always compare libraries, decide to use which one on a track or mix/layer them. For example Projectsam OE string ensemble staccato has an upfront and aggressive sound but not suitable for fast repetitions because it's not tight and has only 3 RR (and doesn't play in random order). Meanwhile Mural Ensemble has 8 RR but it's soft, loose, laid-back.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Sorry, thought you said you had it (Inspire).
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Xaviez

Post by Xaviez »

I posted this over at some other forum not getting much response there, so I'll try my luck here :)

I've heard that the Berlin brass library tops out at FF and doesn't go into the FFF territory that Ark 1 does, is this the case and if so, I guess I can expect the same to be true with Inspire?
Asking because I've already got Albion one and am looking for something that has that extra bite like Ark does but this Inspire library piqued my interest, don't want to buy another library that doesn't go all the way into FFF territory just yet.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Xaviez wrote:I posted this over at some other forum not getting much response there, so I'll try my luck here :)

I've heard that the Berlin brass library tops out at FF and doesn't go into the FFF territory that Ark 1 does, is this the case and if so, I guess I can expect the same to be true with Inspire?
Asking because I've already got Albion one and am looking for something that has that extra bite like Ark does but this Inspire library piqued my interest, don't want to buy another library that doesn't go all the way into FFF territory just yet.

That's a safe bet that it's the same samples from it Berlin series. Or atleast it's sampled from the same sessions

Erik

Post by Erik »

Thanx Yasin.I rellay like the timbre of that "orchestra",like the 1st chair option - I guess you cannot tame that vibrato ? - and was impressed by the trumpet too.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

bigcat1969

Post by bigcat1969 »

It sounds quite lovely. A bit vibratoy on the sustains for strings, but I guess thats in. Could use some more velocity layers on sustains but the XFade works quite well. Doesn't really do ff or pp, but nice from mild soft to mild loud. It has that Berlin sound which if you like it and I do makes the stripped down version worth it. Of course I just spent hours making an ode to falling down stairs with it, so i might not be the best judge...

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

For the price it's an absolutely incredible value! I love it.
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

Lawrence wrote:Not to push, but how do you plan to use it? Thanks.
I used it like this with my poor skills:

Mixed/layered with Orchestral Essentials, Albion One and Ark 1. I think they compliment each other.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Nice, Yasin!

I noticed a lot of your piece was tutti-was it just the nature of the piece or do you see that as Inspire's strength?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

Lawrence wrote:Nice, Yasin!

I noticed a lot of your piece was tutti-was it just the nature of the piece or do you see that as Inspire's strength?
You mean "Full Orchestra Sustain and Staccato" patches from BOI? No, I didn't use them.
Strenght of BOI is it has aggressive, upfront and small sound. It's like little brother of Ark 1, smaller and quieter.
I layered low and high strings legato patches with Albion; strings spiccato ens and brass staccato ens patches with OE to make the sound larger and warmer. Choir and epic percussion are from Ark 1.

bigcat1969

Post by bigcat1969 »

Not that I have the above gentleman's skills, but this is 100% Inspire Strings...

The First Chairs are lovely and the string sections seem to be a good balance between detail and section sound. I'm quite enjoying this collection. Limited choices but great tone.