There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

SPAT - What's happening with it?

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
1gc

SPAT - What's happening with it?

Post by 1gc »

I've been waiting awhile now for the newer version of Spat. Instead I'm seeing the current version being removed from sites like Sweetwater, Alexander etc.

Spat still shows up on the Ircam site with VerbSession , etc. but does anyone know whether the developers are pulling away from supporting this plugin?

Just a little pre purchase jitter question.

Thanks.

g.c.

KyleJudkins

Re: SPAT - What's happening with it?

Post by KyleJudkins »

1gc wrote:I've been waiting awhile now for the newer version of Spat. Instead I'm seeing the current version being removed from sites like Sweetwater, Alexander etc.

Spat still shows up on the Ircam site with VerbSession , etc. but does anyone know whether the developers are pulling away from supporting this plugin?

Just a little pre purchase jitter question.

Thanks.

g.c.
I'm waiting for the new spat to come out... THATS the information we all want XD

haven't seen a release date, was supposed to be Q2 release, I'd LOVE to get my hands on it.

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

I've posted this before but if you haven't seen it, you can see that IRCAM has big plans for SPAT. I don't think it is going anywhere. Immersive Audio is the next gold rush in audio production as far as development goes.

Andrew Stone

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Exactly ! I've always liked the idea of spat, never ponied up, and sneaky piet drives a hard sale.

Now I have to wait to be impulsive

Topic author
1gc

Post by 1gc »

And I just found the new name="Spat Revolution" There is a KVR note with a link to this, I didn't find it on the Flux site.
The note states that it will be Standalone, with processing tools, $1500.00 according to the link.
Google "Spat Revolution" to find the KVR article.
Quote: SPAT Revolution will be available in Q1, 2017 from the Flux: website as well as from reputable Pro Audio resellers.
g.c.

tack

Post by tack »

The initial announcement said Q1, but the website has said Q2 2017 for a while now. However as of today we're in Q3, so clearly they have troubles with software estimation as much as everyone else in the business. :)
- Jason

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

tack wrote:The initial announcement said Q1, but the website has said Q2 2017 for a while now. However as of today we're in Q3, so clearly they have troubles with software estimation as much as everyone else in the business. :)
Lets hope rhey overestimated the price

tack

Post by tack »

I'd recommend we not hold our breath. :)
- Jason