There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Indiginus / Blue Street Brass

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Indiginus / Blue Street Brass

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Indiginus has teamed up with Impulse Record to create Blue Street Brass, a library featuring authentic instruments from the early 1900s and late 1800s, played in a style reminiscent of the turbulent days of the 1930s and 1940s, with just a touch of film noir. Blue Street Brass has a simple interface to get you working quickly, with it's emphasis on sustained notes and a new scripted legato effect."

Instruments included: 1920s Trumpet 1 - Trumpet 1 Plunger Mute - Mellow Plunger - 1920s Trumpet 2 - Trumpet 2 Harmon Mute - Trumpet 2 Cup Mute - Soaring Trumpet (Trpt 2 ff with vib) - 1905 Orchestral Cornet - 1907 Cornet Lt. Vib - 1907 Cornet St Mute - Flugelhorn - Euphonium 1894 - Saxhorn 1865 - Mellophone 1930s - 1908 Trombone (vib and non-vib) - Brass Ensemble - Low Brass Ensemble - High Brass Ensemble - Bugle in G (WWII era) - Bugle in D (WWII era) - Civil War Bugle - Tuba 1900

$59 Introductory Price. Regular price: $79 - 1.5 GB Download. Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.

Ashermusic

Re: Indiginus / Blue Street Brass

Post by Ashermusic »

I have had it for a while. It sounds really good and is really playable.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

stonzthro

Post by stonzthro »

Interesting - thanks Piet!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

This seems like something I would use for momentary/situational things. There are some realistic moments, but I think the lack of depth would make it challenging for longer pieces.
However, the price/bang for the buck is amazing as is so often the case with T. C.'s Indiginus offerings.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

trumpoz

Post by trumpoz »

Jay - in practice does the library sound better than the demos?

Im not a great fan of the demos. The plunger and harmon muted trumpets sounded good. Not so much the rest for me.
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Listening more.....it really is an amazing bargain with some very nice sounds regardless of the lack of control. I do wish the demo had been done without as much of the cathedral reverb.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

trumpoz wrote:Jay - in practice does the library sound better than the demos?

Im not a great fan of the demos. The plunger and harmon muted trumpets sounded good. Not so much the rest for me.
If you don't like the sound of the demos then probably you will not like it.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

trumpoz

Post by trumpoz »

Fair enough - thanks Jay.
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I am going to spend a little time in the next day or two comparing the trumpets, cornets, flugelhorns, with the Samplemodeling Trumpet, just for fun.

www.jayasher.com

bigcat1969

Post by bigcat1969 »

Are there Round Robins?

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

bigcat1969 wrote:Are there Round Robins?
Nope, not as such, but the velocity layers and the MW are responsive enough that you can repeat notes and get them to sound different. I bought this today and it's quite playable... Without the RRs it wouldn't be good for ostinati drawing in a MIDI editor, but these instruments are obviously not designed for those types of music.