There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Atom by Audiomodern

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Atom by Audiomodern

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

Audiomodern released Atom

I published the first overview, a review will follow as I could use the library since beta for several weeks.
Overview here:

http://www.strongmocha.com/2017/07/07/a ... diomodern/

A overview YouTube video:

and the Atom | Walkthrough

Jaap

Re: Atom by Audiomodern

Post by Jaap »

Bloody mary on high heels. Gonna find a cave and hide for a year or something! Sounds like a very nice useful and interesting product. Thanks Thorsten :)

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Walk through is good and freebies at their site allow you to work with their engine to see if you get along with it.
Certainly worth a look or more.

kurtvanzo

Post by kurtvanzo »

Very nice interface design. A walkthrough of presets would be helpful, as this instrument's samples go in many different directions, so it becomes difficult to categorize. Here are the webpage's own keywords:
AMBIENT, CINEMATIC, DRONES, FILM FX, GAME FX, IMPACTS, KEYS, ORGANIC, SEQUENCE, SOUND DESIGN, SOUNDSCAPES. More information about the different caregories of sounds included would be helpful too.

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

It looks very interesting and promising with a nicely curated set of atmospheres & textures. Interested to see the review, as the posted walkthrough from the developer explains the under the hood controls but no contextual audio to go with it.

Anyone know how long the introductory sale is to last?
Andrew Stone

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

I took the bite yesterday and bought it because I liked what I heard and a few sounds I could use for a tight deadline for today and so far I dont regret it. Loads of different sounds and used only the more distorted impacts and effects but they sit nice in the mix. Actually even better then I hoped. They punch through very nice while not being too different sonically. I have not tried all the other goodies, but so far looks like a nice product for a good price.

@Andrew: audio demos are at the bottom of this page. Showing the naked sounds per category - https://audiomodern.com/shop/instruments/atom-2/

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

I want to do at least one more video on Atom, any suggestions on the content?

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

A screen cast with patches quickly played would be useful...thanks if you find the time.
Dancing Cossacks, herds of Yak, a bit less useful.

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

I will see how I can combine dancing Cossacks and Yak with some more sounds.

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Thanks for doing the Atmospheres, nice sounding library but no Yaks!

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Scoredog wrote:Thanks for doing the Atmospheres, nice sounding library but no Yaks!
Yaks are sooo june 2017 :D

It is a great library indeed and having used it now a bit more I can really say it has some great sounds and you can go all kinds of ways with it. From nasty gritty trailery sound designy things till atmospheric ambient and everything in between basically. What I like is that it blends really nice with all kinds of instruments. It works well with standard orchestral libraries, but also good with stuff like Dark Matter or any synth like Zebra or Omnisphere.
It is just personal, but I am really glad I took the bite!

trumpoz

Post by trumpoz »

Is anyone able to compare this to Project Alpha/Bravo by Daniel James? They are the same price atm and Im wondering which one to pull the trigger on.
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Stixman

Post by Stixman »

You can drag midi out from the sequencer in Bravo which is cool :)

Topic author
Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

Playthrough using selected presets which have been made available by Audiomodern for all ATOM customers in August 2017.

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

If you missed the sale on the ATOM library on the recent introductory go-around, Time and Space has it on sale until Monday, August 21st along with all the other Audiomodern sample libraries. The sale is 30% off if you are interested.
Andrew Stone

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Spent some time this evening going over promo material for other Audiomodern libraries. If you are into the sound design, slightly aggressive textures and tastefully done glitch soundscapes, you should have a listen since their libraries are all discounted on Time & Space for a few more days. If you are familiar with the Twisted Tools Reaktor Ensembles the sound will be familiar but they have dialed back the apocalyptic and sometimes downright frightening sonic bursts so you won't scare the bejeezus out of your clients. If this is your bag I would point you to their Modularps Volumes 1 & 2 and Sync volumes 1 through 3. The visuals in their promotional videos are downright stunning and worth a look for that alone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/audiomoder ... omodernLtd
Andrew Stone