There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

FabFilter 25% off Bundle Sale till July 30th

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
heisenberg

FabFilter 25% off Bundle Sale till July 30th

Post by heisenberg »

FabFilter has all their bundles on sale till July 30th. 25% off list price. If you have purchased FabFilter stuff before you will get additional discounts when you login to their site. Their Essentials Bundle gets you their key plugins for a reasonable entry point. Individual products are not for sale, however, if you want say "Timeless 2", you can pick that up and get a further discount on their bundle during the sale. How much more off, I don't know...

https://www.fabfilter.com/shop/
Andrew Stone

Arcana

Re: FabFilter 25% off Bundle Sale till July 30th

Post by Arcana »

'Additional discounts'....pfft.
Sorry, I do like their discount system, in the sense that the more you own, the more discount you get. But I get a measly 5% extra off upgrading Pro-C to Pro-C2, which will still cost me around £50.
Maybe I'm spoiled with things like Valhalla but £50 for upgrading a compressor is a bit too pricey IMO. :frown:

Anyway, Fabfilter have great products and for anyone who doesn't have any, 25% off is the best discount you'll get, so go for it.

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

I always read glowing things about FabFilter, and I'm sure they're great. But I would rather spend any money I have on better sample libraries and VSTis. I could well be wrong, but I tend to think the "snake oil" aspect of effects plugins is fairly high, and that one can shop wisely and frugally and get very good stuff for low cost. Valhalla, Melda Productions, Toneboosters & Tokyo Dawn come to mind, just to name a few. Not to mention almost any DAW's stock plugs...

Marius

Post by Marius »

FabFilter’s appeal is in the unique marriage of excellent algorithms (not a rarity these days, true) with extremely functional and appealing interfaces.

Sometimes the best effects are stuck in terrible interfaces that are skeumorphic for the sake of it and as a result do a terrible job of communicating what’s going on and what needs adjusting and why. UI matters, and I think that’s why FF stuff is so popular.

I’m basically just missing Pro-R. I don’t really need a new reverb though so I’ll probably hold off, despite the extremely good discount I get since I own so much else of theirs.
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Marius wrote:FabFilter’s appeal is in the unique marriage of excellent algorithms (not a rarity these days, true) with extremely functional and appealing interfaces.

Sometimes the best effects are stuck in terrible interfaces that are skeumorphic for the sake of it and as a result do a terrible job of communicating what’s going on and what needs adjusting and why. UI matters, and I think that’s why FF stuff is so popular.

I’m basically just missing Pro-R. I don’t really need a new reverb though so I’ll probably hold off, despite the extremely good discount I get since I own so much else of theirs.
Thanks for the word skeumorphic! I enjoy looking up and learning new words. And I agree that a slavish devotion to this design philosophy is unnecessary at best... A lot of people seem to dislike Melda's UIs, but I think they're great. And their plugs are affordable, especially if you wait for the ones you want to roll over to 50% off.

This FF bundle sale is definitely focused on the high-end spender. Should they ever decide to make a compelling low-end entry level sale for one of their flagship products, I'd definitely take a look. But they no doubt won't do that as long as they remain popular at their current prices. Cool by me, and no complaints. It's just out of my league.

Arcana

Post by Arcana »

Quasar wrote:
Marius wrote:FabFilter’s appeal is in the unique marriage of excellent algorithms (not a rarity these days, true) with extremely functional and appealing interfaces.

Thanks for the word skeumorphic! I enjoy looking up and learning new words. And I agree that a slavish devotion to this design philosophy is unnecessary at best... A lot of people seem to dislike Melda's UIs, but I think they're great. And their plugs are affordable, especially if you wait for the ones you want to roll over to 50% off.

This FF bundle sale is definitely focused on the high-end spender. Should they ever decide to make a compelling low-end entry level sale for one of their flagship products, I'd definitely take a look. But they no doubt won't do that as long as they remain popular at their current prices. Cool by me, and no complaints. It's just out of my league.
Unfortunately when you watch Dan Worral's introduction to their plugins, you get an overwhelming urge to reach for the 'buy' button. :D

And in all fairness I think their Essentials bundle consisting of their compressor, EQ and reverb is great value at just over £70 a plugin.

tack

Post by tack »

It's true. I know that it has been rather unfashionable these days to gush over Dan Worrall's videos, but he's just such a remarkably great presenter and all his videos are so accessible, and they showcase the products wonderfully (even his non-FabFilter videos).
- Jason