There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Quincy I’m not suing Michael, I’m suing Ya’ll

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
9 yes 9

Quincy I’m not suing Michael, I’m suing Ya’ll

Post by 9 yes 9 »

Interesting, it's about a LOT of $$$$$, it could give a new interpretation of the importance of a 'producer', try to imagine the money for sir George Martin...
(edit I forgot the link)
http://www.eurweb.com/2017/07/im-not-su ... ns-estate/

KyleJudkins

Re: Quincy I’m not suing Michael, I’m suing Ya’ll

Post by KyleJudkins »

I'm not sure this is the appropriate section for this, maybe somebody will move into the Big Wide World

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Well, it is industry news. Which makes it a fit, no?
Depending on if and how the thread develops, it'll be moved in a week or so to wherever it belongs best.

_

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

9 yes 9 wrote:Interesting, it's about a LOT of $$$$$, it could give a new interpretation of the importance of a 'producer', try to imagine the money for sir George Martin...
However, a producer normally gets points, so it all depends on what the contract says and whether or not it implies that the points are transferable to other media that are not specified.

Topic author
9 yes 9

Post by 9 yes 9 »

Sorry, if it's not in the good forum, I'm new and a bit lost, please move it in the right one. Tanks

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

9 yes 9 wrote:Sorry, if it's not in the good forum, I'm new and a bit lost, please move it in the right one. Tanks
I think it half fits in more than one section. Part if me thinks this should be in industry, but what's more important is the relevant crowd see it