There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cinesamples CineStrings update v1.3, plus new product - CineHarps

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Muziksculp

Re: Cinesamples CineStrings update v1.3, plus new product - CineHarps

Post by Muziksculp »

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I missed this for some reason. What do you all think? I'm not too sure from that video. It's certainly smoother at pretty fast speeds, but it doesn't sound like real playing I don't think. Those fast figures just sound synthy. I could always go moderately fast well with CS, but certainly nowhere near run speed. I just need to convince myself that the regular legato hasn't been harmed in the new scripting (and also holding fire til I really have to update Kontakt).

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

Guy Rowland wrote:I missed this for some reason. What do you all think? I'm not too sure from that video. It's certainly smoother at pretty fast speeds, but it doesn't sound like real playing I don't think. Those fast figures just sound synthy. I could always go moderately fast well with CS, but certainly nowhere near run speed. I just need to convince myself that the regular legato hasn't been harmed in the new scripting (and also holding fire til I really have to update Kontakt).
I don't have the library but problem with ensemble strings is you have to capture blurrines and intonation of musicians while playing fast runs. This scripting just makes the legato catch up with tempo. I think it can work a bit better with solo instruments.

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote:I missed this for some reason. What do you all think? I'm not too sure from that video. It's certainly smoother at pretty fast speeds, but it doesn't sound like real playing I don't think. Those fast figures just sound synthy. I could always go moderately fast well with CS, but certainly nowhere near run speed. I just need to convince myself that the regular legato hasn't been harmed in the new scripting (and also holding fire til I really have to update Kontakt).
I believe this still works in Kontakt 5.5.2, plus the update creates folders for 1.1,1.2, and 1.3 instruments (with seperate labeled nkr files as well) so you can load whatever version you like after updating. I still make backups before updating, but this seemed a harmless one.

Although this does mean my template needs to be manually updated, but perhaps a fair trade for being able to use older versions (curses Cinebrass didn't do the same long ago). ;)