There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

The Unfinished / Summer Sale (up to 50% off)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

The Unfinished / Summer Sale (up to 50% off)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"The Unfinished Summer Sale is running throughout the whole of August this year, so plenty of time to save those pennies for some bargains. And you can save up to 50% off selected synth soundsets, sample libraries and bundles. The only things not included are recent releases like Phenom and Vulcan, plus the Humankind charity soundsets.
So, you could get 30% off Omnisphere Colossus II, 40% off the Diva Bundle or even 50% off Doomsday!

Just add your stuff to the cart and use the discount code FABORAMA."

_

jneebz

Re: The Unfinished / Summer Sale (up to 50% off)

Post by jneebz »

Anyone own both Colussus I and II? From the demos, they sound pretty similar. I know Matt mentioned there are more percussive/rhythmic elements in II, but wondering what users think...

Thanks!
-J
:: osx sierra :: cubase :: uad :: focal :: http://www.eightwavemusic.com ::

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I'd say the differences are fairly subtle, J. All great stuff of course.

I actually combined all the Horizons into one, and I think I'll do the same for Colossus I and II actually. Since the Omni browser only allows one library at a time or all of them, it makes sense to combine stuff that's similar for me.

jneebz

Post by jneebz »

Oh! What a great idea, Guy...never even crossed my mind to combine them. I do have a need for some good mid-to-higher frequency percussive stuff so will probably give Colossus II a spin. And currently for $52...even if I find 10 usable patches it's well worth it.

Thanks!
-Jamie

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

You should be fine there Jamie, I've just looked and there's 35 or so tagged BPM percussion synthetic, and about half fall into the mid to hf category I'd say. It was a good memory jog for me, I always default elsewhere for that kind of thing, but there's lots of good useable stuff there. Plus, ya know, 400 other patches.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well that set me off - I went on a tidying frenzy. Now all my gazillions of Unfinished libraries are in three master libraries - Horizon (and other Omni 1 era libraries); Colossus (and other Omni 2 era libraries) and the Trilian ones. There's about 1,000 Omni 1 patches, 1,700 Omni 2 and a smattering of Trilians. Nice. That should make searching a whole lot more productive.

I bet tomorrow Spectrasonics will update the browser to allow multiple library searches.

jneebz

Post by jneebz »

Ha! Thanks for the inspiration! :)