There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Fiedler Audio / Stage (placement and stereo-toolkit plugin)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

tack

Re: Fiedler Audio / Stage (placement and stereo-toolkit plugin)

Post by tack »

https://fluxhome.com/shop/ shows Spat Revolution at $1790 USD.

Hopefully people feel compelled to upgrade and there will be a bunch of resales of Spat v3 hitting the market at some reasonable prices.
- Jason

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Even with a 35% discount for existing owners it would cost $1163. I'm going to wait and see for a few months. Maybe the good folks at DontCrack will have a permanent discount going by then, like for most Flux products. Or maybe end-of-year-tax-purchase... I am too weak.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Linos

Post by Linos »

The pricing is geared towards postpro studios, not composers. We'll have to see if Spat revolution offers added value for composers over Spat. The good thing is that Spat Revolution may push prices down for second hand Spat licenses. But then again it's not like that it's impossible to get perfectly useable results without Spat. Before spending too much money on it I rather use it for new sample libraries. That has a much bigger impact on the resulting sound than spatialization/reverb.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Linos wrote:The pricing is geared towards postpro studios, not composers. We'll have to see if Spat revolution offers added value for composers over Spat. The good thing is that Spat Revolution may push prices down for second hand Spat licenses. But then again it's not like that it's impossible to get perfectly useable results without Spat. Before spending too much money on it I rather use it for new sample libraries. That has a much bigger impact on the resulting sound than spatialization/reverb.
Undoubtedly, but we're known to work with live instruments too :) , and for that I'm hard-pressed to think of a better tool than SPAT, unless you're recording in a great room. Regardless, with the upgrade price still high and the still-developing SEND/RETURN plugins, I will stick with v3 for the time being.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke