There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

John's Guitar // Nylon Guitar release

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Ross Sampson

John's Guitar // Nylon Guitar release

Post by Ross Sampson »

Hey all, just released a little library from a 'character' series I'm starting - a collection focusing on the essence and character of an instrument as part of my new venture over at https://www.waverunneraudio.com/?product=johns-guitar

A bit more info:

4 round robin
3 dynamic layers
3 mic perspectives:
  • ribbon close left (Neck)
    ribbon close right (Body)
    spaced omnis (Room)

First Dive: A second patch created using the original sample content running through cavernous effects chains to produce ethereal, cinematic pads.

GUI:

£10 until 1st September, £15 after (approx $13, then after promo $20)

The ML Brass is still in progress, will post some more updates soon!

Quasar

Re: John's Guitar // Nylon Guitar release

Post by Quasar »

Lovely sound. Since your site says full Kontakt 5.6+, I can assume that 5.6.6 is OK? Don't want to go to 5.6.8 right now.

(BTW, small typo in the description: "and" should be "an" before "inspiring color...")

tack

Post by tack »

[Moved to The Front Page.]

Nice sound indeed, and clever video, Ross. :)
- Jason

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Sounds really nice Ross. Off to a good start with your venture!
Andrew Stone

Topic author
Ross Sampson

Post by Ross Sampson »

Quasar wrote:Lovely sound. Since your site says full Kontakt 5.6+, I can assume that 5.6.6 is OK? Don't want to go to 5.6.8 right now.

(BTW, small typo in the description: "and" should be "an" before "inspiring color...")
Hi Quasar, thanks for the kind words and pointing out the typo! Just changed... 5.6.6+ is fine yes.
tack wrote:Moved to The Front Page.
Nice sound indeed, and clever video, Ross. :)
Duly noted thank you! And thanks, had a lot of fun making that one and many more similar to come. I'm not a huge fan of the plain scrolling Logic arrangement, I'm exploring all kinds of ways to make it a little more expressive.
heisenberg wrote:Sounds really nice Ross. Off to a good start with your venture!
Many thanks! Excited to make and share more over the coming months.

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Bought. Just installed and loaded. Very honest "earthy" and soulful nylon tone. First impression is I like it better with the internal verb set to off, and I reined in the release a little bit... The sound design patch is a bonus. Fine job, cool little library. Thanks!

Topic author
Ross Sampson

Post by Ross Sampson »

Quasar wrote:Bought. Just installed and loaded. Very honest "earthy" and soulful nylon tone. First impression is I like it better with the internal verb set to off, and I reined in the release a little bit... The sound design patch is a bonus. Fine job, cool little library. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words Quasar! A future update will include more controls over the reverb and I suspect include more sound design patches - I know John is keen to do some. Will be making a walkthrough soon too. Glad you like it!