There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kontakt 5.7 Released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
catsass

Kontakt 5.7 Released

Post by catsass »

KONTAKT 5.7 - 2017-09-19
This update adds three new guitar amp models and two additional distortion effects. KONTAKT 5.7 also adds enhancements for instrument builders – including two for UI-authoring – and fixes some bugs.

ADDED: There are now three new guitar amplifier models available: AC Box, Hot Solo and Van 51
ADDED: There are now two new distortion effects available: Cat and DStortion
ADDED: KSP UI widgets can now be explicitly placed on one of three layers on the z axis ($CONTROL_PAR_Z_LAYER)
ADDED: The KSP waveform UI widget can now be styled (color and transparency of its separate components)
ADDED: Effect parameters that are represented as buttons or dropdown menus are now available through KSP
ADDED: Every KSP runtime warning now includes the line number of its source
CHANGED: The Add Library button has now been renamed to Manage Library
FIXED: KSP: num_elements() now works with ui_xy arrays
FIXED: CPU profiling mode is now reliable
FIXED: Text selection in Expert tab is now visible
FIXED: Nested dropdown menus would stop working under certain circumstances
FIXED: In certain cases, Kontakt would take longer than usual to close if Usage Data tracking was enabled
FIXED: Kontakt would crash when longer samples were used with the Tone Machine
FIXED: Certain NKIs with many automation assignments would cause the system to noticeably slow down
FIXED: KSP switches would sometimes not show the correct sprite frame when in hover state
FIXED: Certain DAWs would freeze when attempting to duplicate a track with Kontakt
FIXED: In certain cases, Kontakt would crash when loading an NKI when another NKI was in Edit view
FIXED: Kontakt would crash when attempting to declare PGS keys in multiscripts
KNOWN ISSUE: Additional languages documentation is not up to date (English application reference and KSP reference were updated to version 5.7)

Guy Rowland

Re: Kontakt 5.7 Released

Post by Guy Rowland »

Anyone know if there are any implications for us re the ongoing fight with library authorisation? I guess that's more in the hands of the Native Access app.

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote:Anyone know if there are any implications for us re the ongoing fight with library authorisation? I guess that's more in the hands of the Native Access app.
The add library button being changed to manage libraries is suppose to indicate the ability to add and remove libraries from within Kontakt, but is it fully implimented yet? Good question...

Personally I was able to copy xml files over and add libraries in 5.6.6 before backing it up and updating to 5.6.8, which has had no problems. All my libraries came up, but I don't think I have anything older than 4 or 5 years. Don't really know if I want to update again until I need to, but I updated NA last week and all went smoothly.

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Managing libraries is going to be done in NA from now on, not within Kontakt. You can only sort out visibility of libraries by going to Kontakt's Options->Libraries.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!