There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools: Berlin Woodwinds Revive

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Orchestral Tools: Berlin Woodwinds Revive

Post by Guy Rowland »

BERLIN WOODWINDS REVIVE

Berlin Woodwinds is the industry standard when it comes to sampled woodwind collections.
The product that started our journey at the Teldex Scoring Stage in 2012, now received a huge update called Berlin Woodwinds Revive.
Most instruments have been newly recorded and, best of all, the whole original Berlin Woodwinds from 2012 with additional tweaks is included. This gives you as a composer double the number of instruments for ultimate flexibility and possibilities for doubling.
The purchase of Berlin Woodwinds consists of two separate collections that are available together as one big collection: Berlin Woodwinds Revive, containing all-new instruments, as well as Berlin Woodwinds Legacy, featuring the classic Berlin Woodwinds Instruments from 2012.

INSTRUMENTS

Piccolo (new recordings)
Flute 1
Flute 2 (new recordings)
Flute 3 (new recordings)
Alto Flute (new instrument)
Oboe 1 (new recordings)
Oboe 2 (new recordings)
English Horn (new recordings)
Clarinet 1 (new recordings)
Clarinet 2
Bassoon 1
Bassoon 2

Additionally, Berlin Woodwinds Legacy contains the following Ensembles:
Flute Ensemble 8va
Clarinet Ensemble a3

ATTACK CONTROL

The freedom to choose the right attack on sustains in specific musical situations is crucial.
With Berlin Woodwinds Revive we deliver Soft, Immediate and Accented Attacks for full flexibility.

ADAPTIVE LEGATO

Berlin Woodwinds Revive contains our famous and fluid Adaptive Legato System which naturally adapts to your performance.
Depending on your playing speed, CAPSULE automatically chooses the right legato style (slurred, fast runs) for the most natural results.

WOODWIND RUNS

In film music and big orchestral scores, woodwinds and runs belong together. With Berlin Woodwinds Revive we deliver runs patches for almost all instruments to realize realistic and agile runs.
In Berlin Woodwinds Legacy, additionally we offer Octave Scale Runs and the Runs Builder for the flute and clarinet ensembles.

TRILLS ORCHESTRATOR

The Trills Orchestrator script manages the biggest collection of different trills and interval tremolos ever created and it is a huge time-saver. Choose your trill interval by just pressing the starting note and final note. Available Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor 3rd, major 3rd, 4th, augmented 4th and 5th trills (Berlin Woodwinds Legacy)

BUILDING ENSEMBLES

The Berlin Woodwinds concept of building ensembles or divisi parts offers you the highest value of flexibility. Build your custom ensembles or write polyphonic woodwind chorales in the quality that made Berlin Woodwinds to the standard for film composers around the wold.

MIC PERSPECTIVES

Like in all our Berlin Series Main Collections, in Berlin Woodwinds Revive we offer a complete mic setup for full blending flexibility:
- Close
- ORTF
- AB
- Tree
- Sorround

PRICING

Until November 08 we offer this unbeatable Woodwinds collection for an Intro price of just 549€ + VAT. The normal price will be 649€ + VAT.

For existing Berlin Woodwinds users we offer an attractive Berlin Woodwinds Revive crossgrade of just 199€ + VAT. Your verification is your email address that you used when you purchased the original Berlin Woodwinds. Please make sure to read the install email - the library has to be installed in the same structure as the original Berlin Woodwinds.

The crossgrade will be available until End of December 2017!

Lawrence

Re: Orchestral Tools: Berlin Woodwinds Revive

Post by Lawrence »

Tempted, Guy?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

mr anxiety

Post by mr anxiety »

Curious how the (4) original instruments that they are keeping are able to match the new content.

Did they record with all of the mic positions back in 2012 and just not use them?

Also the new attack options, etc., did they do another recording session?

Full of questions....lol

Mr A
Cubase 9 PC W7 MoL VEP5 (2) RME HDSP 96/52
Pro Tools 10 MAC (9) 192 Interface via Magma chassis

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote:Tempted, Guy?
I haven't fully checked it out really, but I don't think I'm up for a big new woodwind library.

About mic positions - I think my ideal library would have 2, close and stage, like the first Symphobia. Everything else can be reverb and spatialisation. Its a bit of a turn off for me to pay a lot of money and need acres of disk space for stuff I don't need. So I'm kinda hoping one day they do a lite version of the Berlin range.