Become a member to see more. To view and access the entire forum, register today. It's totally free.

Cubase 9.5 - [9.5.10 update is out]

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Jaap
Zwolle, The Netherlands

Cubase 9.5 - [9.5.10 update is out]

Postby Jaap » Nov 15, 2017 9:34 am

The smooth curve drawing looks (finally!) great, offline processing as well and finally new click sounds for the metronome (gosh, how hard was that?) and multiple tempo clicks (nice!).
Just watched it in between some stuff so havent given it deep thoughts, but looks ok, not groundbreaking, but I came to terms with Cubase and got it nicely running (though tempted to give Reaper a try as I saw the other post, but that will wait a bit)

Also the site is saying they are preparing the launch, bit sooner then normal (always around 6 december I thought): https://www.steinberg.net/maintenance/?id=9073&L=1

Topic author
Jaap
Zwolle, The Netherlands

Re: Cubase 9.5 promo

Postby Jaap » Nov 15, 2017 12:11 pm

And its live already: https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... se_95.html (and changed the title now also)

gtrwll

Re: Cubase 9.5

Postby gtrwll » Nov 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Time to activate my Cubase 9 ;)

PhJ

Postby PhJ » Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm

The 'drag midi parts to sampler after auto-rendering' and 'direct offline processing' are nice.
(contrary to what I thought when C9 came out, I end up using the sampler track once in a while)

Doubling the insert slots should make many people on Steinberg's forum happy :D

Topic author
Jaap
Zwolle, The Netherlands

Postby Jaap » Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Haven't updated yet, but reading that you have to manually copy your profile settings again since they are all gone and also that the new drawing for cc's is only for the automation and unfortunately not for the midi cc editor, which I find a big bummer to read.

Guy Rowland
UK

Postby Guy Rowland » Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Well it sure looks better than the complete wash out I miserably feared, but I haven't seen anything that addresses my own concerns regarding buggy track archives, multichannel disabled tracks or general CPU efficiency, so I'm still hurrumphing. Direct Offline Processing looks kinda interesting - similar to the current plugin and process options, only you can stack effects and undo them. The automation tweaks here though:

...look very Pro Tools (and in this case, that's a good thing), so that's nice to see. The bezier curves are welcome, but yeah disappointing it only applies to automation.

Overall... mixed. There are tweaks that look like they're worth having. But my big headaches will remain. The lack of a really plausible alternative for me will probably mean I'll suck it up once more, and at least the upgrade price is low.

EDIT - I see on the Steinberg forum that the whole graphics engine has been re-coded, hopefully it will stop the irritating windows glitches on windows.

Guy Rowland
UK

Re: Cubase 9.5 - Trial versions now available to download

Postby Guy Rowland » Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

30 day trials are now up for Cubase 9.5 and Cubase Elements 9.5 - https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... ubase.html

(I still haven't tried it myself due to a distinct lack of enthusiasm on my part, but might give it a go at some stage. I also hear on the grapevine that 9.5.10 is imminent with the first bug fixes, though to be fair there seem to be more happy campers than usual for a .0 release).

Topic author
Jaap
Zwolle, The Netherlands

Postby Jaap » Nov 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Well I love/hate it to be honest. I really like some of the new features like the bezier curves on automation, the new metronome options and heck I love the new file browser!
But I also encounter some oddness here and there. Big cpu spikes and sluggish behaviour on heavy synth oriented projects which don't occur in 9.0.30, specially Serum and libraries like Novo and Dark Matter 2 giving me problems, while again on the other hand a few very big projects with lots of effects, instruments which normally really maxed my cpu, suddenly run smoother.

PhJ

Postby PhJ » Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am

I'm waiting 9.5.10 before upgrading, but it seems like a nice .5 upgrade.

Guy Rowland
UK

Postby Guy Rowland » Dec 12, 2017 11:09 pm

PhJ wrote:I'm waiting 9.5.10 before upgrading, but it seems like a nice .5 upgrade.

...and its there. Version history here:

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... istory.pdf

Arcana

Re: Cubase 9.5 - [9.5.10 update is out]

Postby Arcana » Dec 12, 2017 11:33 pm

I'm not usually the guinea pig type, but for some reason felt like giving it a go anyway and updated to 9.5.10.

I haven't really had time to dive in deeply but I opened 2 projects and nothing seems to be missing or completely wrecked, so it appears to be safe to update in case anyone was wondering.

Return to “The Front Page”