There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Introducing Red Room Audio and the "Palette" Orchestral Series, plus a freebie!

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Introducing Red Room Audio and the "Palette" Orchestral Series, plus a freebie!

Post by EvilDragon »

Since Dickie doesn't have an account here, hope you don't mind if I cross-post this here in his stead. Also, ask away!

--------------

Greetings! Dickie here from Impact Soundworks. We're proud to announce our new "sister" label, Red Room Audio. It's been difficult keeping this under wraps all year and we're beyond excited to finally tell you about it. Red Room Audio is debuting with 4 large-scale orchestral libraries plus a really cool freebie.

First, welcome to PALETTE - our brand new thematic orchestral series!

Palette is a series of thematic professional orchestral and cinematic Kontakt virtual instruments for songwriters and media composers. It was recorded in a dedicated hall with world-renowned performers by a passionate and experienced team of sample makers. It was a dream come true for us to make and we hope this expansive set of scoring tools inspires you to write some great music.

There’s an awful lot of content here, so to make things more accessible we divided it into multiple products. The first is “Palette – Symphonic Sketchpad,” which contains the building blocks to quickly and easily bring your cinematic ideas to life. Then, to add detail and color to your compositions we’ve put together additional tool sets we call “Brush Packs.” Brush packs focus on deeper and more specific scoring elements like true-legato melodic ensembles, orchestral FX and real recorded Runs & Arpeggios. This way you can pick up the tools you want and not the ones you don’t. Since all Palette instruments were recorded in the same hall by the same production team and the same fantastic musicians, they're designed to complement each other perfectly.

Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad
The flagship of the Palette line. An extensive set of orchestral instruments to bring your cinematic ideas to life. Includes strings, brass and woodwinds ensembles recorded in 2 different sizes with up to 10 articulations. Plus women and mens choirs, percussion, hybrid trailer tools, grand piano and harp. Watch the WALK-THRU here:

Palette Brush Pack 01 - Melodics
17 inspiring melody-carrying orchestral instruments. 11 of the most dramatic and powerful orchestrated combos plus 6 soloists, as selected from the works of our favorite film and classical composers. Each combo was recorded performing together (NOT artificially scripted!). Up to 9 essential articulations per instrument including true legato. Over 26 GB and 90,000+ samples! Watch the WALK-THRU

Palette Brush Pack 02 - Orchestral FX
An extensive collection of cinematic aleatoric orchestral FX for strings, brass, woodwinds and choir. 6 categories for all 4 sections of the orchestra. Also includes a powerful FX Builder patch that allows you to create your own unique FX by layering up to 4 sources with individual controls for adjusting volume, pitch and timing. Watch the WALK-THRU

Palette Brush Pack 03 - Runs & Arps
A complete collection of orchestral runs & arpeggios. Features both strings and woodwinds ensembles performing scales in 6 common modes, each with up to 13 variations, plus 20 kinds of arpeggios. Over 1600 unscripted, real recorded phrases in total! 3 microphone positions, an 8-slot onboard FX rack and drag and drop MIDI data. Watch the WALK-THRU

All Palette libraries are NKS compatible and work with the free Kontakt Player. We're offering $50 intro discount on "Symphonic Sketchpad" for the first 2 weeks, and there's an additional Palette bundles discount in place: -5% if you buy 2, -10% if you buy 3, and -15% if you buy all 4.

Lastly, sign up for a user account and get our FREE vocal & body FX library "Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts."

In the interest of keeping this post short (too late?) please visit our website for videos, audio demos, and lots more info about Palette and Red Room Audio. We're thrilled to be a part of the VI-Control community and look forward to hearing from all of you.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

Guy Rowland

Re: Introducing Red Room Audio and the "Palette" Orchestral Series, plus a freebie!

Post by Guy Rowland »

A new name in the industry! Probably worth adding the short trailer too, for a quick overview:

I guess Sketchpad puts it up against Symphobia / Orchestral Essentials 1, Albion ONE and Tutti, each with various plusses and minuses. The trailer sounds impressive, but overall it seems quite upper-mid-centric frequency-wise - it's a little harsh. This could be predominately the strings, I'll confess they didn't win me over based on the walkthrough. But it's great to have someone new in the game, and the modular idea is pretty cool. All the best with this, Mario.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Re: Introducing Red Room Audio and the "Palette" Orchestral Series, plus a freebie!

Post by EvilDragon »

The trailer is in the first post, first video link ;)

Yeah there's no recording stuff to tape through Neve preamps here to smear the frequency response like Spitfire do it (to great effect, might I add). It's a pretty dry hall so it might be that. Personally I don't find the sound harsh, honestly (even though I might be biased, but I've spent the last 6 months with these libraries, my ears would've been hurting if it were that bad :)), but thankfully it's possible to EQ stuff out with the built in FX rack. And do other cool stuff with it. :) I will say that my personal favorites here are the harp, and the 6 horns from Melodics, which sound absolutely stupendous.

And yes, this puts it squarely in the Symphobia/Albion type of sketching libraries. But we have more stuff coming next year, new brush packs, new ideas...
Guy Rowland wrote:All the best with this, Mario.
Thanks, appreciated :)

Erik

Post by Erik »

Guy,these are the strings that gathered so much thumbs up in Blake's ensemble comparison :)
I watched the Volume 1 walthrough and a bit of the solo offer.
All the best with this new Big Boy, Mario !
(PS : I understand you're not exactly part of Red Room Audio, that's right? Am trying to identify all your interventions in so many projects :) )
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Well, I'm listed on the website, so I guess Dickie considers me as part of RRA. It's literally a sister company to Impact Soundworks - Dickie does graphics for ISW, I do scripting for ISW, Christian does audio editing for ISW, and also Nabeel helped with some scripting (and he's main KSP developer at ISW, I'm his sidekick there :)).

J Rod

Post by J Rod »

I try to register on this website but the pasword is not acepted, and now i am into a bucle of "Reset your password...lost your password?..... reset your password....lost your pasword....". and yes...if there is any doubt, the reset password dont works.

Are they face problems with the server?.

I hope is solved soon.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

I am also getting "internal server error" when trying to 'buy' the freebie.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Yes, unfortunately the website back-end is having some issues... the team is working around the clock trying to fix them. Sorry everyone.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Website should be back up and running with no hiccups anymore, fingers crossed!

J Rod

Post by J Rod »

:thumbsup: It's fixed, working properly.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Snagged it. Thank you!!!
Be an upstander.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Here's a video with some idea behind Palette and how it was created. Cameo appearance by yours truly at some point. :D

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

This is a really impressive library and while I'm out of money for this year, I've put it on my Wish List for 2018. Great job to all of you!
Be an upstander.

Topic author
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Thank you, Laura!