There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Zynaptiq Unmix

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Zynaptiq Unmix

Post by Guy Rowland »

Released today - http://www.zynaptiq.com/unmixdrums/

I love Zynaptiq, always trying to do something genuinely new. I suspect this is rarely as magical as it sounds in the first example of the demo above, but I must give the demo a try. But if I'm honest in this case - I can't think of much practical use for it. If I wanna turn the drums down.... I remix it. Probably of most use to DJs etc.

Jack Weaver

Re: Zynaptiq Unmix

Post by Jack Weaver »

Typically I've noticed that their demos are a bit 'hopeful'. Meaning that the videos are carefully crafted so that (in this case, for example) the instruments around the drums are in a frequency range far enough away from them so that with just the slightest bit of skillful plugin usage they can create the highest effect.

I particularly noticed the style of their marketing efforts when I first tried UnVeil some time back. I spent some time with it and it did good stuff but it took a bit of time, effort and manipulation to achieve the same sorts of things their videos do with a wave of the hand.

Nonetheless, their software generally does break some new ground and should be lauded. I do see some possible use for this one for me. These days I'm mostly mixing and my customers allow me enough leeway to do some creative elements and this could allow me to manipulate some tracks given me.

And hey.... good to see you here - unfettered by prying manufacturers' dirty glances.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Welcome, Jack!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, agreed all round Jack, I was comparing Unveil with RX 5 dereverb this week on something and Unviel won by a mile. On other material though, it's a different story. But I'm always interested in what Zynaptiq do, true innovators.

(And good to see you here too Jack)