There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Wanted: Mastering engineer for a film score

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

Wanted: Mastering engineer for a film score

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

So, I have just finished writing music for an animation film and the producers wish to release it on iTunes. I am now looking for good mastering engineers.

The trouble is that most of it is done using samples. There is some live material and I have already mixed it all in. There aren't great mastering engineers available locally for this sort of work in India.

He/She could be located anywhere in the world and there is a decent budget for it from the producers (so they tell me). It would be great to have a range of services from them where they can delivery various content, including mastering for iTunes.

Any suggestions?

Luciano Storti

Re: Wanted: Mastering engineer for a film score

Post by Luciano Storti »

Haven't used them personally, but if budget is not an issue, you might consider Lurssen Mastering, where Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen do this sort of thing all year round. They are really well-known around town. https://lurssenmastering.com
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Thanks Luke, I will look into them!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Tanuj- if you haven't decided, please PM for a thought
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

Here is someone I use all the time. Great ears and loads of experience.

http://tomdurack.net/