There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

VSL / Historic Winds III 'Natural Horn'

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

VSL / Historic Winds III 'Natural Horn'

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The third installment of VSL's 'Historic Winds' series is entirely dedicated to the natural horn, the ancestor of the modern horn and an instrument that is without valves or finger holes.

"As a result, only natural tones according to the harmonic series can be produced by adjusting the embouchure and changing lip-tension. Additionally, the technique of stopping – the left hand is inserted in various depths and angles into the bell – allows for fine tuning the off-pitch tones and even producing chromatic notes that are not part of the harmonic series. In order to play (harmonic) scales in differing keys, various tuning slides have to be used. The natural horn included in the Historic Winds III Collection has been captured using ten different tuning slides in order to provide utmost tonal flexibility.

The product's introductory price is currently $295 and will increase to $395 (regular list price) on August 1, 2017.
Coinciding with the release of the Historic Winds III Collection the Vienna Symphonic Library has lowered the prices of its predecessors, Historic Winds I & II, through July 31, 2017. Additionally, customers receive a 30% discount on selected library products that offer instruments for recreating Renaissance, Baroque and early classical music: Chamber Strings I & II, Vienna Konzerthaus Organ, Harpsichord, Recorders, and Vienna Solo Voices."

I quite like the demos.

_