There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboards Mk2 and Maschine Mk3

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboards Mk2 and Maschine Mk3

Post by Guy Rowland »

Look, real modwheel and pitch wheel!

...and lovely new screens. Looks a lot better all round. But some important buts, most importantly, there's no sign of an update to the 88 note version, still less a semi-weighted version of the same. Also, I don't see any improvement to the programming potential, which feels a wasted opportunity - there may be something that they haven't highlighted thus far though.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... l-s49-s61/

Marius

Re: NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboards Mk2 and Maschine Mk3

Post by Marius »

They also put a sound card in this gen, which is a smart move! Looks like a solid update. I wouldn't worry too much about the 88-key...if I remember correctly, it came out a bit later for gen 1 too, didn't it? Maybe I'm misremembering.
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I think you are misremembering, but hope you're right that it will come. I remember talking to a fairly disbelieving NI man at a trade show that there was a market for a good pro 88 key semi-weighted. There again, he also seemed proud of those awful original mod / pitch strips and they've been replaced, so perhaps I shouldn't give up dreaming just yet.

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Marius wrote:They also put a sound card in this gen, which is a smart move!
Only Maschine, not the keyboard.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

Marius

Post by Marius »

Ah, my mistake. I hope we have reason to be hopeful then! I personally still miss the 76-key size as 88 is larger than I want.
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

i bought a s 61 mk2 a couple of weeks ago - neat keyboard (plus 1 octave would have been better). nice little basic mixer, and i really love the browser and the new FX browser. really a joy to try sounds with different effects, much less cumbersome then doing the same in cubase. and after years of staring at the keyboard in kontakt to see where the sounds are: the lights over the keys are obercool.
the software is not perfect but allows fast browsing with tags.
guite happy with that keyboard.
thx! theo