There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

[SOLD] Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 [For sale/swap]

Sell any 2nd hand kit or software
Forum rules
Please make sure you can legally sell anything you post here - some software developers expressly forbid reselling.

Topic author
Ages

[SOLD] Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 [For sale/swap]

Post by Ages »

I've got the all clear from Spectrasonics to do a licence transfer so I'm selling my Omnisphere 2 license. I'll also include the original box and installation discs - all the discs are in great condition! Although you don't actually need the discs to install it as you can get a downloadable installer quite cheaply from Spectrasonics, but either way works fine. You'll also be able to upgrade it to the latest version (currently 2.5) and all further V2 updates for free.

To transfer the licence, Spectrasonics require the following information from me:

* Buyer's Name.
* Buyer's Email.
* Buyer's Username created at Spectrasonics website.
* Buyer’s Address.

They also require a $50 USD license transfer fee to be paid. I can cover this payment from my own money providing I get a good price for the license and once you have paid me for it.

Omnisphere 2 currently retails for £339 but I'm open to offers :P

Postage prices for box and discs:
UK: Free
Europe: £10
everywhere else: £15

I plan to get myself u-he Diva with the money, so if anyone has a full license for the latest version of that which they can transfer and would like to do a part-exchange, let me know and we'll work out a deal :)

If you would like to confirm I'm a reliable seller then PM with a link to your Ebay account and I will message you from my account to confirm so you can see my feedback there!

wst3

Re: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 [For sale/swap]

Post by wst3 »

I have no dog in this hunt, but if anyone out there within the sound of my voice has been fence sitting about Omnisphere I can offer a newbie review, as I picked it up a couple months ago.

I really like it. It is unlike any of my other soft-synths, which is always welcome of course. And I think it is a synth, although many folks consider it more of a rompler. The latest update (V2.5, free to owners) takes it up a notch in terms of synthesis capabilities to boot.

It sounds awesome!

There are enough presets to amuse anyone (I am not a preset type, and I am having a blast auditioning presets!)

It is deep. I've had it a couple months now, and in fairness (and for a variety of reasons) I've not spent a ton of time with it, but anything beyond basic navigation will require some time and effort. That is not a negative, just an observation.

This is one of a very few software tools that has caused me to wish I hadn't waited so long.

It really is that cool.

Just in case anyone is curious - I really am that happy I bought it.

Topic author
Ages

Post by Ages »

Yes although it has many uses and an amazing library of sounds and patches out of the box, it is definitely a synth too! That has been my main use for it actually, and it became much better for that with the 2.5 update and all the extra oscillators etc. I learned everything with Omnisphere 2 and have made some pretty cool 80s style synth patches which I can give to the buyer if they'd like them (never shared them before). Just listen to my music for examples of these patches as I mostly use my own. Cheers!

wst3

Post by wst3 »

You are clearly well ahead of me on the learning curve - I've created a few patches that I ended up saving, but the count still fits on one hand<G>!

Onwards and upwards!!

Topic author
Ages

Post by Ages »

I haven’t done anything that fancy. Mostly just classic style synth sounds. But you can do so much more than that with omnisphere and I think I barely scratched the surface to be honest.

Keep playing around and you’ll build a good collection in time :)

Topic author
Ages

Post by Ages »

Bump.

Topic author
Ages

Post by Ages »

I've started listing it in other places now so it may not be around much longer if anyone is interested. Cheers.

PaulBrimstone

Post by PaulBrimstone »

Have sent you a PM, if not too late.

Topic author
Ages

Post by Ages »

PaulBrimstone wrote: Oct 04, 2018 3:52 pm Have sent you a PM, if not too late.
It's still available so I've sent you a reply :)