There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Sonokinetic Ostinato Woodwinds demo - limited number of free copies

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Sonokinetic Ostinato Woodwinds demo - limited number of free copies

Post by Guy Rowland »

As part of Sonokinetic's 12 days of Christmas promo, they've released a limited number of free copies of a new release, Ostinato woodwinds.
If you’re familiar with the sister Ostinato libraries and our approach to ostinato recording then you’ll feel right at home with the woodwinds. The entire approach is different from our regular phrase instruments in that we recorded separate intervals for various rhythm building blocks. After careful editing we combine these intervals through an intelligent script that builds them into chords in 5 different voicings and up to 4 inversions (the fourth only for 7th chords). The new inversion arpeggio controls create inversion patterns at the press of a key… a very fast way to build interesting sequences.

Ostinato Woodwinds recognises and plays 12 different chord types, handling not only major and minor chords but also diminished, half-diminished, augmented chords and many more. There’s a full list documented within the user manual.

Not only does the engine build the chords based on the inversion you play in the chord area, but when you play in the harmonic shift area it will judge which inversion it plays based on the chord that came before it, the chord quality on the key you're in and the position of the chord you're triggering in that key. This ensures that transitions are smooth and harmonically correct, especially important to create evolving woodwind motifs.
https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/in ... woodwinds/

(3,300 left at time of posting, but I think the website might just have gone down, so good luck).

wst3

Re: Sonokinetic Ostinato Woodwinds demo - limited number of free copies

Post by wst3 »

web site is still not responding...

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Took me an hour but I got one :D
Be an upstander.

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

got one too....gonna drive my anklung playing neighbours crazy with woodwinds ostinati for the next two weeks :)
thx! theo

SirKen

Post by SirKen »

byzantium wrote: Dec 13, 2018 3:54 pmGeez 20GB !
It is only 7GB when you delete the 24 bit samples.

givemenoughrope

Post by givemenoughrope »

Couldn't get it to work so I ate a sandwich and then it worked!

20GB, jeez louise, they must have brought some extra reeds...

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Dl’d it-gonna go eat a sandwich.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin