There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - Intro offer extended!

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Arcana

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (for Omnisphere 2.5)

Post by Arcana »

Kuusniemi wrote: Feb 08, 2019 6:44 am
Arcana wrote: Feb 08, 2019 6:39 am I found myself taking a break from composing, so I ended up checking out the walkthrough.
I almost didn't cause I really couldn't care less about a new piano library.

But....this is really not a piano library. This is an atmospheric dark film score soundset and it's right up there with the best of them.
Superb stuff Kuusniemi. I just wished I had more of a need for these type of sounds cause they are all very inspiring.

Outstanding job, and to think these sounds derive from just a piano...wow. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words!

You have no idea how long I debated myself about titling this. The name could have been so different. But the side of me that wanted to poke a little fun at all the new game changing piano libraries that have been released in the last years won the debate... :) Not that I don't clearly state in the info that The Lobby Piano is not really a piano library... :)
If a soundset is called 'Endorphin', 'Nebula' or 'Cyclical structures' for example, I'll look in the description, cause I have no idea what those names mean, but 'lobby piano' sounds like an attempt to create a realistic piano in Omnisphere, which might put some users off, before they even read the description.

Honestly, the only reason why I listened to the walkthough is cause it was one of 3 or 4 threads with new posts on this forum. Had it been on bigger forum where there's usually posts in 100+ new threads every morning when I check, I would most likely not have bothered.

Even 'Prepared piano' would have been suitable I think. 'Lobby piano' sounds like 'Keyscape', when in reality it's more like 'Keyscape creative'.
Just my opinion :)

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

Guy Rowland wrote: Feb 08, 2019 7:08 am
Kuusniemi wrote: Feb 08, 2019 5:03 amJust out of curiosity would you be willing to open up on how you tag and organize your patches? I mean what kind of information you wish to have in a patch. :)
Well I guess I wrote most of the principles in the previous post. After picking the library (or ALL) In general I always go to category first - ARPs, Bass etc - then depends on what I'm looking for after that. I use Type and Mood the most I think, genre the least. The general principle is to follow the category names for the factory library and then the blue links in the edit tags dialogue as much as possible.

What Arcana said raises the excellent point that it would be tempting to just reach for this library when after a piano sound, that's when you'd think to select the library itself. But then you'd miss 80% of it which is all the other good stuff - you probably wouldn't think to look there when going for ARPs or textures, and you certainly wouldn't manually look through all the libraries one by one just in case. That's why some kind of standardisation is important imo (and yes I totally agree Spectrasonics really do not help here).
Thanks Guy! I will take your points into consideration for my next releases (well my next Omnisphere release, the next one is going to be something else). Thank you for taking the time to answer me. :)

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

Arcana wrote: Feb 08, 2019 7:17 am
Kuusniemi wrote: Feb 08, 2019 6:44 am
Arcana wrote: Feb 08, 2019 6:39 am I found myself taking a break from composing, so I ended up checking out the walkthrough.
I almost didn't cause I really couldn't care less about a new piano library.

But....this is really not a piano library. This is an atmospheric dark film score soundset and it's right up there with the best of them.
Superb stuff Kuusniemi. I just wished I had more of a need for these type of sounds cause they are all very inspiring.

Outstanding job, and to think these sounds derive from just a piano...wow. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words!

You have no idea how long I debated myself about titling this. The name could have been so different. But the side of me that wanted to poke a little fun at all the new game changing piano libraries that have been released in the last years won the debate... :) Not that I don't clearly state in the info that The Lobby Piano is not really a piano library... :)
If a soundset is called 'Endorphin', 'Nebula' or 'Cyclical structures' for example, I'll look in the description, cause I have no idea what those names mean, but 'lobby piano' sounds like an attempt to create a realistic piano in Omnisphere, which might put some users off, before they even read the description.

Honestly, the only reason why I listened to the walkthough is cause it was one of 3 or 4 threads with new posts on this forum. Had it been on bigger forum where there's usually posts in 100+ new threads every morning when I check, I would most likely not have bothered.

Even 'Prepared piano' would have been suitable I think. 'Lobby piano' sounds like 'Keyscape', when in reality it's more like 'Keyscape creative'.
Just my opinion :)
Tortured was the word I played with. Prepared would not have been right. :) But in the end I wanted something innocuous and subdued for the title of my first release.

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

Another demo added! This time some subdued cinematic scifi scoring from Pauli Hausmann:

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - New demo added

Post by Kuusniemi »

Yet another demo, this time a simple piano by Brian Brylow:

Only 10 day left to get The Lobby Piano for the intro price!

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - Final week of intro sale!

Post by Kuusniemi »

Here we are, the final 7 days of the intro sale for The Lobby Piano. Grab it here:
https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - Final week of intro sale!

Post by Kuusniemi »

And yet another demo. This time something calm and beautiful by Henri Vartio:

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Congratulations Kuusniemi on a great achievement - this must have taken a huge amount of work to produce.

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

byzantium wrote: Feb 23, 2019 7:18 am Congratulations Kuusniemi on a great achievement - this must have taken a huge amount of work to produce.
Thank you! It has been quite a trip to produce this one. :)

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

"The Lobby Piano" received Top Pick from Sample Library Review!
https://www.samplelibraryreview.com/the ... kes-noise/

The library is still on intro sale for two days. Get it here:

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - Intro offer extended!

Post by Kuusniemi »

In honor of getting the Top Pick from Sample Library Review the intro offer of 35€ (excluding VAT) will be continue for 10 days until the 10th of March! After that the full price will be 49€ (excluding VAT).

Get it here: https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Re: Man Makes Noise releases The Lobby Piano (a creative piano library for Omnisphere 2.5) - Intro offer extended!

Post by Kuusniemi »

StrongMocha gave The Lobby Piano a 5/5 star review!
https://www.strongmocha.com/2019/03/04/ ... se-review/

Get The Lobby Piano for the intro price until 10th of March here: https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

Another 5 star review for The Lobby Piano:
https://www.samplesoundreview.com/2019/ ... .html#more

There is still time to get The Lobby Piano for the intro price:

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Installed yesterday. Great library! Very useful and moody stuff!

Topic author
Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

The Saxer wrote: Mar 08, 2019 1:12 pm Installed yesterday. Great library! Very useful and moody stuff!
Glad to hear you liked it! :)