There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Infinite Brass-Opinions needed

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
1gc

Infinite Brass-Opinions needed

Post by 1gc »

Hi!
I'm trying both forums with this.
Is anyone currently using this library?
The walk through looks promising, a choice I'm going to consider.
So far they seem to offer, symphonically, much of the playability of Sample Modelling, or whoever they are now, but with a much purer sound and without the a baked in Movie score sound, which I'd rather build myself if I choose to go there .
They also offer multiple chair choices, look to offer more of the upper and lower register ranges (as a Brass Player, I find that most devs provide us with High School ranges), mutes, no key switching, and they are mapped correctly.
In otherwords, maybe to good to be true?
But so far I can't find much yet to be worried about except, maybe, that there's no history, staying power behind the company, if future issues would arise.
So, I'm about ready, but are there are any issues I should know of before purchase?
Thanks!!
g.c.

byzantium

Re: Infinite Brass-Opinions needed

Post by byzantium »

Hi g.c., I'm not going to be much help to you, but just to say thanks for alerting me to this - I hadn't come across it.

I had the briefest of listens to the demos and walkthroughs, and a quick look at the user manual, and a brief look at the VI-C thread. It definitely comes across to me like it has a Sample Modelling feel and sound to it, and I imagine the playability is just as good, and over and above what Sample Modelling has, it also has that built-in Mixer/Space feature, which looks very interesting. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a trial / demo mode.
Also very interesting that there seems to be a Woodwinds product coming.

Topic author
1gc

Re: Infinite Brass-Opinions needed

Post by 1gc »

Byzantium, I sent an em to Mr. Venture enquiring about the instrument ranges yesterday and found a response this a.m. when I opened up.
He told me of the W.W.s coming up plus a new update to the Brass which includes new instruments.
I have Sample Modelling and the VSL complete. The Infinite may become my principal for Symphonic work if it pans out in reality to be as good as it looks.
Thanks for your response!
g.c.