There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM Symphobia 4: Price Drop and 1.1 update

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: ProjectSAM Symphobia 4: Pandora 1.0.6 update

Post by Guy Rowland »

Oooh, a substantial 1.0.6 update to Pandora:

Symphobia 4: Pandora 1.0.6 offers a number of useful new features, improvements and fixes. Here are some highlights:

70+ New Snapshots
New Combos
Sound Design Mode for Tonal Instruments
Sync to Downbeat offset in beats
Adaptive Sync musical timing toggle
Faster loading times and lower CPU usage
Numerous behavioural improvements & fixes
Please update to Symphobia 4: Pandora 1.0.6 through Native Access
There's a number of things I'd thought would be useful, not all mentioned here (eg there's now a sep output routing for the synth layer I understand).

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

I was just playing around with their Free Orchestra patch from Pandora and now I want the whole library.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Permanent price drop on Pandora and Core:

There's also a 1.1 update:
Pandora and Pandora Core have just been updated to version 1.1. You can update using the Native Access application.

This is what’s new for both libraries:

IMPROVED: Streamer animation more accurate when multiple notes are pressed.
IMPROVED: Risers can now also be synced using sample offset to avoid too much time-stretching. Default sync method is now set to Automatic.
IMPROVED: Sound Design mode now stores its own attack and release values.
IMPROVED: Default Pulse release times shortened for better connection from one pulse to the next.
FIXED: Attack & release did not work in Sound Design Mode for some instruments.
FIXED: Q button didn’t always show correct saved state after loading a Pulse instrument.
FIXED: Pulse RT notes sometimes were too loud compared to the pulse loop or did not trigger at all.
FIXED: Various small scripting bugs.
https://projectsam.com/pandora-pandora- ... rsion-1-1/

I don't understand what the update price is from Core to Full, maybe someone who has Core could log in to their account and check?

wst3

Re: ProjectSAM Symphobia 4: Price Drop and 1.1 update

Post by wst3 »

too damned much<G>... looks like it is $499, which is the $100 loyalty discount, I can't find an upgrade from core to pro.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

They must not have updated for loyalty pricing yet. There's no reason Full should be $499 with the loyalty discount when the new full Full price is $479.

Doesn't seem to be a loyalty discount offered for Core yet, either. Which is too bad.
Be an upstander.

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Still looks confusing but apparently $479 is with all the discounts, undiscounted it’s $599. But if you own a Symphobia or buy another with Pandora it’s $100 off... not sure where the extra $20 off is coming from...

Then Core is listed as $239 and those with another Symphobia (or buying one) is $50 off so it’s $189? Not sure if the $239 includes the discounts or not, they only mention it does with the the full version.

I’m not sure if it’s any less confusing. They should either include the discounts or don’t, but considering the discounts don’t apply during a sale (and not everyone owns another Symphobia), they should probably list prices without the discount ($599).

After buying Core at the last sale, I don’t see myself using this much. Reminds me of the effects in Sym 1, although at that time they were amazing and unique. Now they seem dated and only for “special use” case. But if a sale came up for a decently discounted upgrade...