There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spectrasonics Bob Moog Tribute Library v2 RELEASED

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Spectrasonics Bob Moog Tribute Library v2 RELEASED

Post by Guy Rowland »

500 new patches on the 10 year anniversary of the original Omnisphere release. Existing owners get the update for free, It's 99 bucks for new customers.
All New Sounds
Produced by Eric Persing, the new v2.0 edition of the Bob Moog Tribute library features over 1300 stunning sounds for Omnisphere - created by more than 50 of the world’s top synth artists, remixers and sound designers, including:

Hans Zimmer | Vince Clarke (Erasure/Depeche Mode) | Jean Michel Jarre | The Crystal Method | Jordan Rudess | Money Mark (Beastie Boys/Beck) | Bernie Worrell (P-Funk/Talking Heads) | Larry Fast (Peter Gabriel/Synergy) | Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (Air/Fiona Apple) | Ryuichi Sakamoto (YMO) | Morgan Page (Madonna/Katy Perry) | Keith Shocklee (Bomb Squad/Public Enemy) | Steve Porcaro (Toto) | Fredwreck (Snoop Dogg/50 Cent) | Jan Hammer (Jeff Beck/Mahavishnu Orchestra) | Danny Elfman | Michael Boddicker (Michael Jackson) | Richard Devine (Schematic/Warp) | Patrick Moraz (Yes/Moody Blues) | Eddie Jobson (UK/Roxy Music) | Diego Stocco | The Moog Cookbook | ...and many more!

Creative Approach
The soundsources were developed using highly creative processing techniques with exotic gear like rare Buchla Modulars, Jean Michel Jarre's EMS Synthi AKS, Hans Zimmer's massive Modular Moog (including 1027 round robin Moog Drum samples!) and even Eric Persing's one-of-a-kind OMG-1. With so many different world-class artists contributing, the library is very rich in style and filled with inspiring, cutting edge sounds!

Benefit for the Bob Moog Foundation
100% of the proceeds from this library go to supporting the innovative projects of the Bob Moog Foundation including their “Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool” student outreach program, the ‘Moogseum’ in Asheville, NC, and their efforts to preserve and share Dr. Moog’s extensive and historic archives. The Foundation honors the legacy of synthesizer pioneer Bob Moog through its mission of igniting creativity at the intersection of music, history, science and innovation.
Requires Omnisphere v2.6 or higher.

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/tribute/

wst3

Re: Spectrasonics Bob Moog Tribute Library v2 RELEASED

Post by wst3 »

now this looks interesting. I joined the Omnisphere family late, didn't buy the first edition of the Moog Tribtute, didn't even know there was such a thing. I won't make that mistake twice!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

wst3 wrote: Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm now this looks interesting. I joined the Omnisphere family late, didn't buy the first edition of the Moog Tribtute, didn't even know there was such a thing. I won't make that mistake twice!
It's a good set, at 1,300 patches for $99 compares very well to commercial sets.

There's no new soundsources in this update, but there were great ones in the original. I've got a ton of use out of Jean Michel Jarre's AKS. I've never heard anyone else get the sounds out of that thing that he can.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to have to spring for it.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Oh this is very cool, I hadn't found these paraphonic patches yet.

I remember a little while ago wanting some but I didn't know what they were called. Kraftwerk used them sometimes.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I bought the first Moog set for Omni 1 and besides enjoying it, I was really happy to contribute to such a worthy project. Unfortunately, I’m still on Omni 1 and have yet to pick up Keyscape. I think the latter is higher on my wish list.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Mar 26, 2021 6:22 pm I bought the first Moog set for Omni 1 and besides enjoying it, I was really happy to contribute to such a worthy project. Unfortunately, I’m still on Omni 1 and have yet to pick up Keyscape. I think the latter is higher on my wish list.
Whoa that's a tough call. Keyscape doesn't integrate with Omni 1 but does with 2 as I'm sure you know. You'd get bazillions of goodies with both.

You gotta admire Spectrasonics' long game. They produce one new product every 7 or 8 years, it's maddening. But everything sits there, quietly getting better and better and never getting devalued by sales. Seems to really work as a strategy and it's really refreshing.

The paraphonic patches are fun. Jeepers the modulation is complex, I don't really understand it - alternate unipolars getting routed to harmonia levels. I think I'll stick to just tweaking these patches rather than trying anything from scratch - I'm such a lightweight.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Really appreciate Spectrasonics’ new smart installer: it updated all my Spectrasonics software and installed the Moog 2 collection in one simple smart swoop. Nice.

I noticed there’s a patch called “Belgian Comper” among the new Moog 2 patches. I can’t really tell what the Belgian association is here, maybe some old Technotronic or New Beat track or something. It can’t be Soeur Sourire.

__

ComposerGuy

Post by ComposerGuy »

Another vote for smart installer. I just do t have time to update everything I have anymore. Way too busy but Eric makes it easy.
-Disclaimer: I have received free libraries from East West and several others. Don’t shoot me.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Lawrence wrote: Mar 26, 2021 6:22 pm Unfortunately, I’m still on Omni 1 and have yet to pick up Keyscape. I think the latter is higher on my wish list.
There are some neat tricks in Omni 2, but Omni 1 was no slouch.

If it is electronic keyboards you are after then I think it makes sense to get Keyscape first. I am still grinning ear to ear every time I start playing around with it. The electronic instruments are the stars - for me - but the acoustic pianos are really good too.

If, instead you are looking for a new take on synthesizers then get the upgrade for Omni. Just the leap from Omni 2 to Omni 2.6 is mind-bending. I would image the changes since Omni 1 are out of this world. ( sadly I resisted the Spectrasonics urge for far too long - this is one of those purchases I regret waiting on).

And then there is the integration Omnisphere 2 and Trillian and Keyscape. I haven't even begun to wrap my head around it, but just playing the presets could be a full time job.

I don't know if any of that helps...