There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Incoming / major True Strike and Symphobia updates

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

soundbylaura

Re: Incoming / major True Strike and Symphobia updates

Post by soundbylaura »

It's $109.99 at JRRShop Blowouts, no coupon codes needed. You will need to sign in to the Blowouts site, though.

https://blowout.jrrshop.com/projectsam- ... rike-vol-1
Be an upstander.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Unfortunately, the new All-In-One implementation multi-mode feature, where you can load different instruments in different slots isn’t going to work for me because you cannot yet use Articulation Sets in Logic Pro with it.

PS says they will consider adding the ability to do so in a future update.

EDIT: They have promised me the Logic Articulation Set issue will be addressed in an update soon, and thanked me for bringing it to their attention. Wonderfully responsive company!.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

playz123

Post by playz123 »

soundbylaura wrote: Oct 09, 2021 8:27 am It's $109.99 at JRRShop Blowouts, no coupon codes needed. You will need to sign in to the Blowouts site, though.

https://blowout.jrrshop.com/projectsam- ... rike-vol-1
Thanks for the ‘heads up’, Laura!
Frank E. Lancaster

wst3

Post by wst3 »

soundbylaura wrote: Oct 09, 2021 8:27 am It's $109.99 at JRRShop Blowouts, no coupon codes needed. You will need to sign in to the Blowouts site, though.
Just thought I'd mention this is not helping the cause<G>...

This is quickly approaching "no-brainer" status.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

ProjectSam replied on VI-C that they have no plans at this time to update True Strike 2 to version 2.0

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I finally upgraded from my 2008 version, after 13 years. What a fantastic update! It truly is one of those spectacular libraries from back in the day. I think it's the oldest library I still use all the time.

For $33, it is a steal and so great of them to offer it for free to existing mid season Kontakt release owners.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

By the way, ProjSam mentioned that they have no plans to update True Strike 2 to ver. 2. at this time. (they posted it on VI-C).

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Not sure why, but I decided to throw caution to the wind. I picked up True Strike 1 ver 2 a couple days ago.

I won't go so far as to say I regret not having purchasing it sooner, but it does sound really lovely. It has that ProjectSam vibe, which I really like.

It will be added to my usual suspects, I don't know that it knocks anyone else out, but it is a nice addition. Especially the timpani and the military snares.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Ooook hope y'all didn't listen to me.

BestService has it for $99.
Be an upstander.

NoamL

Post by NoamL »

What would be the closest comparison for this library? i.e. people who don't use TrueStrike, what do they use instead? Spitfire Percussion? Cineperc?

I'm also curious where this was recorded and if it's a stage or a concert hall.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Neat!!

----

Dear Laura,

Thank you for contacting us.

It is currently not possible in True Strike 1 version 2.0 to assign CC controls to the dots on the Positioning Stage. However, it appears you're not the only one who was wondering about this and therefore we're currently working on implementing this feature with the next update.

The update will include some small bug-fixes and add some additional features, like the one you mentioned. We expect the update to be available in Native Access within 1 month from now.

Thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated!

Best regards,

Wytse
Be an upstander.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

NoamL wrote: Oct 13, 2021 7:36 pm What would be the closest comparison for this library? i.e. people who don't use TrueStrike, what do they use instead? Spitfire Percussion? Cineperc?

I'm also curious where this was recorded and if it's a stage or a concert hall.
Can't answer that second question, but to the first... I've been through several "go to" orchestral percussion libraries, none of which has ever turned out to be truly a go-to. I happen to use Toontrack Superior3, so on a whim I picked up their orchestral percussion library. It is nothing like True Strike, but it has survived as my "go to" since I bought it, which is something of a record.

I did pick up True Strike this past week and I am really enjoying just listening to it. I think it will compliment the Toontrack library nicely. I'll let you know.

Linos

Post by Linos »

NoamL wrote: Oct 13, 2021 7:36 pm I'm also curious where this was recorded and if it's a stage or a concert hall.
True Strike was recorded in a concert hall, as are most (all?) libraries by Project Sam. From their 'About us' page:

"they set out to record their own, focusing on three main things:

1. an ambient, multi-mic setup in a concert hall environment,"

(https://projectsam.com/about/)

They don't disclose the concert hall that they use for their recordings. It could be the TivoliVredenburg, as that's the concert hall in Utrecht, where Project Sam is located. That's just a guess based on location, though.

NoamL

Post by NoamL »

Thanks!

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

TRUE STRIKE 2.1 Update is out though TBH I'm not sure when it was released and I might be way late with this info.
Be an upstander.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

soundbylaura wrote: Dec 13, 2021 10:21 am 2.1 Update is out though TBH I'm not sure when it was released and I might be way late with this info.
Whoa, thank you Laura, they said they would notify name, but they didn't. 2.1 fixes it so that Articulation Sets work with either the All-In-One or individual instrument articulations again.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Not only are you not late, Laura, you're time-travel early. Just had an email about 2.0 being out in a couple of days, and here you are with 2.1 already. How can any of us compete?

Here's a video showing the new stuff including adaptive sync and - this is unexpected - create your own multis:

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Eh, it's the holidays, lots of free stuff being given away, many an opportunity to open up Native Access. Just happened to be one of those days.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Dec 13, 2021 11:12 am Eh, it's the holidays, lots of free stuff being given away, many an opportunity to open up Native Access. Just happened to be one of those days.
You made me look - not available here. Maybe NI jumped the gun - did you manage to download it? Otherwise I guess it rolls out at slightly different times for people.

stonzthro

Post by stonzthro »

There's a True Strike 2.1 update, but no Symphobia yet - at least not on my end.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Yeah, sorry it's the TRUE STRIKE 2.1 update. No Symphobia yet.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Ah mystery solved.

Looks quite fun though, the S1 update. I guess it means downloading all the content again though - at least it is a relatively small library.

kpc

Post by kpc »

Home - ProjectSAM.png
- kayle

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Thanks for the heads up @kpc

Dec. 17th, is another exciting day this week !

kpc

Post by kpc »

It’s Alive!!

30% discount with code: Symphobia2021

Might just push me over the edge and finally buy this one.
- kayle