There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kontakt 6.7.0 M1 and W11 compatible

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Kontakt 6.7.0 M1 and W11 compatible

Post by Guy Rowland »

ARM, Monterey and Windows 11 compatibility, new bass amps, bug fixes.

FIXED Kontakt is now native ARM compatible
FIXED Kontakt is now macOS Monterey compatible
FIXED Kontakt is now Windows 11 compatible
CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.14
CHANGED Minimum supported Windows version is now Windows 10
IMPROVED Show replace Multi dialog setting is now replaced by a new preference option
ADDED There are now two new amplifiers (Bass Invader and Bass Pro)
FIXED Kontakt VST3 could crash loading instruments with very long host automation names
FIXED Memory was not released correctly in VST3 under certain conditions
FIXED Replika in Ping-Pong mode would not initialise recalled parameters correctly since Kontakt 6.6.1
FIXED Replika in bus effects slots would not follow tempo changes
FIXED Plate Reverb would incorrectly recall in stereo when saved in mono
FIXED Lo-Fi Noise parameter would lose realtime control after modulating SR or Bits params
FIXED 3x2 Filter gain knob would not allow text input
FIXED Modulation in the Phasis effect was behaving incorrectly
FIXED Automation could not be dragged to UI elements beyond 512th instance
FIXED Step modulator can now have all of its 32 steps modulated
FIXED All Convolution factory presets have been updated to zero latency mode
FIXED Number of zones in Expert tab would get cut off when exceeding 9999
FIXED Quick Load view would obscure the virtual keyboard
FIXED Long sample paths would get cut off when hovering the sample name in the mapping and wave editors
FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI fixes
FIXED Collection of various info pane fixes
FIXED Factory scripts using note duration set to Bar now work properly in Kontakt standalone
FIXED Crash when declaring KSP ui_file_selector under certain conditions
FIXED KSP Saving a string array would add an extra white space
FIXED KSP Loading a Windows-formatted (CR/LF) NKA file would result in superfluous empty lines
FIXED "Search for alternative file types" has been set to on by default in the search dialog
CHANGED Event Inputs and Outputs have been renamed to MIDI Inputs and Outputs in VST3 for consistency
IMPROVED KSP Snapshot mode 2 and 3 can now be set, allowing to only store persistent KSP variables
FIXED Factory KSP Script MultiCh Transpose did not retain persistent values
ADDED New Factory KSP scripts "Alternate Pan Modulation", "MIDI Latch 6x", and "Rotate Chords"
KNOWN ISSUE Creator Tools does not connect when Kontakt is running natively on ARM
Creator Tools stays on version 1.4.0, but see Known Issue above.
https://community.native-instruments.co ... sion-6-7-0

Piet De Ridder

Re: Kontakt 6.7.0 M1 and W11 compatible

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Guy Rowland wrote: Feb 14, 2022 5:48 pm CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.14
That's me out. I'm on 10.13 and my Mac is too old to run anything more recent.

_

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Can you really be "out" of Kontakt, Piet? I guess you mean you won't be upgrading.

I will say it again, though-I successfully updated my 2008 Mac Pro to Mojave using a third party hack, and it wasn't particularly hard. I don't know what moving to Mojave might break on your system, but it IS very doable.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I still wince when I think back on the move to High Sierra, Larry. It also involved a third party hack because my Mac is from 2009 and isn't supposed to run High Sierra. The OS upgrade itself wasn't so much of a problem, I seem to recall, it was everything else. It took days before I could get back to work again.

I'm going to run this Mac until it will run no more and I figure that by that time the Pro desktops will have had their M1 upgrade, which is the next machine I'm planning to buy. Until then: it's Kontakt 6.6.1 for me.

_

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Right. Some things always break.

Had I not bought an i9 iMac in 2019, I'd be looking at the M1 as well, though as Guy mentions, I don't understand the memory allocation at all.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I'm on an 2009 Mac Pro too, with upgraded CPU's, Ram & Video. I've been waiting for a new Mac I can live with, and I think I'll be seeing that a little later this year.

The 2009 Mac Pro is hands down the best PC I have ever owned, and I'll keep running it until I find a suitable replacement. Any libraries that require the new Kontakt will simply have to wait till a suitable replacement arrives.

I'm hoping the rumoured Mac Pro Mini will be be the ticket.....but we'll see.

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Just FYI for everyone, the OS version restriction is purely in the installer, not the executables. So if one has a newer machine (i.e. for day to day stuff rather than production), one could install the latest version on that machine and copy the relevant standalone and plugin executables to your production machine. Should work!
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!