There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Samples From Mars Collection

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Samples From Mars Collection

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Anyone interested in electronic music and the hardware which gave the classic era of electronic music (and beyond) its sound, might also be more than a little interested in the catalog of Samples From Mars which is currently available, in its entirety (60 gig), for a mere $49. The full, regular price of this collection is ... $1,960.00.

“The Samples From Mars collection is the culmination of 9 years (and tens of thousands of hours) of sampling our favorite, most inspiring (often rare and vintage) drum machines, synthesizers, custom vinyl, and more. Recorded through some of the best recording equipment in the world, all of our samples feature 100% hardware processing - no plugins. And every sample has been painstakingly mapped for various types of software and hardware. We craft everything by hand in our studio.”

The collection includes samples from just about any piece of hardware you can think of as well as units you might never have heard of before. Samples From Mars even went through the trouble of pressing vinyls from some the audio they recorded, and then sampling the lot again directly from vinyl. Also included is a set of samples from the mythical device Roger Nichols built for the Steely Dan “Gaucho” sessions: the Wendell drummachine.

The collection is formatted or prepared for: Any 24 bit WAV Compatible DAW or Sampler / Ableton Live 9.7+ (Not Intro or Lite) / Battery 4.1.5+ / FL Studio 20.8+ / Kontakt 5.6.5+ (Not Kontakt Player) / Logic 9+ / Maschine 2.6+ / MPC 1000 or MPC 2500 / MPC Live or X / Reason 8+

__

Guy Rowland

Re: Samples From Mars Collection

Post by Guy Rowland »

I have their collection from a year or two ago, and a happy customer by and large. They’re excellent fuel for XLN’s XO, and I categorise them into folders named analog, digital etc so it’s very easy to search. If I want to just have - say - the S950, I just type that in and there they all are, arranged visually so I can scoot round the options very quickly.

doctoremmet

Post by doctoremmet »

I regularly update this collection, because these are some of the best sampled drum machines, old synths, etc. currently on the market. And they’re almost giving it away for free. Great stuff indeed

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Very tempting, if only for the MS-10, 360 Systems Keyboard, the Drumtracks, and maybe the 2600. Very tempting indeed.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Incredible value, truly! Purchased!

That makes my total Black Friday spend to $98 so far!

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well they’ve only gone and reduced it to $29 with the code UpgradeXS46MBKS. And - they really are aggressively targeting me here - they’ve made a PDF of all their products by release date to see what goodies a past customer might have missed out on. https://trk.klclick.com/ls/click?upn=zR ... Bh1dsQ2Bgh

Turns out I bought my lot in November 2018, so there’s 22 new products (21 actually as I bought a one-off somewhere along the way). It would be positively mean-spirited of me not to get up to date, wouldn’t it?

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Huh. I seem to be off their marketing emails for some reason, but remember buying their collection several years ago. So that list you found, Guy, is quite welcome. Only occasional use out of the lot, but I did keep the gems. Off I go to check out what I missed from the new releases.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just a heads up for SFM users with Stylus RMX that about half a dozen of their libraries have rx2 loops that can be imported (and you no longer need the old separate converter app, you can do it from standalone). It’s a shame their rx2 support is erratic, but I feel mean complaining.

bbunker

Post by bbunker »

Dang it, Guy - I'd managed to hold off on buying any actual samples/VI's this time around, and then you mentioned that there are rx2 loops, and the discount, and - I'm ruined!!

Just wanted to mention - the discount code is personal, so the one Guy posted won't work. If you did purchase from them, the code would be on the e-mail sent from them with the PDF of their product releases. If you didn't get one, message them!

Now just to mull over Nexus 4.5 again and again for the next month.......!