There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools / SALU

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Orchestral Tools / SALU

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Sometime ago, I vowed to never again buy a sample library that is been introduced by way of Keynote (if you're reading this: sorry, Thomas) — it might be just me, but I find these things unbearably blasé, exhibiting exactly the type of corporateness that I’m allergic to, and out-of-all-proportion pretentious — but my views on the matter needn’t be shared by anyone else of course, so here’s the announcement for Orchestral Tools’ new library SALU.

“Recorded at the Arvo Pärt Centre (Estonia), SALU is a collection of orchestral sounds and instruments for the inward journey. Explore the finest details of sound—Salu offers a unique assembly of close, intimate, experimental instruments and textures for sensitive, inspired musical expression.
Almost two years in the making, Salu allowed us the honor of recording in the incredible atmosphere of the Arvo Pärt Centre alongside an all-star ensemble of performers and creative minds.
This collection features performances from Vox Clamantis (voices), Anna-Liisa Eller (kannel), Vetle Nærø (piano), Liis Jürgens (harps), M4GNET (string quartet), and Vambola Krigul (percussion).
The specific sonic aesthetic is an inward journey: Sounds that are delicate and intimate and expressive. Everything was recorded to be as close to the sound as possible, with multiple mic options—close mics for each singer, for example. And you can dial-in the unique ambience of the room sound as required.
71 carefully-constructed sound design patches complement the instrumental side of Salu. All patches were created using the source recordings—enhanced and augmented by layering and effects processing.”

Introduction price (until Jan. 1st): €279, after that: €399

__