There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Zynaptiq Orange Vocoder IV released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Zynaptiq Orange Vocoder IV released

Post by Guy Rowland »

It’s about 5 years late, but it is finally here. Inexplicably despite that gestation there’s no official video, but this is a Sonicstate NAMM quick look at it demoed by Denis:

Looks like a lot of tricks up its sleeve.
Key features at a glance:
Vocoder plug-in with semi-modular architecture.
Stereo vocoder module with 24 unique, high intelligibility vocoding algorithms, including two zero-latency options modes, each with a distinct sonic character, formant shifting, EQ, expansion, and HF Through and Unvoiced circuits.
Powerful built-in synthesizer with FM, sync, ring modulation, polyphonic distortion, 9-voice unison operation and an AI-powered preset generator.
5 automatic tuning effect algorithms available in parallel to the vocoder.
Audio freezing, reverb and chorus effects modules.
Flexible, semi-modular routing, lightning-fast workflow, streamlined ergonomics and a stunning look & feel.
Here’s the details - https://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder/ ... -in-depth/

Pricing $149 in May, then $249 - note, Euro prices are actually higher.

Lawrence

Re: Zynaptiq Orange Vocoder IV released

Post by Lawrence »

This seems like the “easy button” vocoder I’ve always wanted.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

playz123

Post by playz123 »

I have the original and used it extensively, so I’m glad to see an update is finally released, even if it’s a different company. Apparently there’s a special upgrade price for owners of previous versions, so that makes it more attractive now.
Frank E. Lancaster

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I too used the original (Prosoniq) at a friend's studio (it was Mac only at the time). It was (at that time) heads and shoulders above any other software vocoder. Knowing what Zynaptiq is capable of I have already downloaded the trial version, can't wait to get started.

"Easy Button Vocoder" - pretty sure it is not quite as easy to use as Denis demonstrated, but it still seems amazing.

tack

Post by tack »

I had fun just playing around with using it as a vocal harmonizer. Now if only I could sing. (Even pitch-snapping can't save me.)

I did find that synth channel was too loud even at its lowest setting. I wanted to mix a subtle synth layer, but with vocoder at 1.0 (max) and synth at 0.01 (lowest value apart from fully off) the synth was too loud relative to the vocoder for what I was going for. There's a lot going on in the UI though so I probably just haven't found the right corner to tweak yet.
- Jason

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks Jason. That could be a problem-I’ll trial it, but forewarned….
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin