There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

VSL VE Pro and VI Pro silicon native and VST3

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

VSL VE Pro and VI Pro silicon native and VST3

Post by Guy Rowland »

Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is now fully compatible with Apple Silicon, along with the players Vienna Instruments Pro and Vienna Imperial, per many of our users’ request! Install all the latest software updates with your Vienna Assistant and enjoy the full power of your Apple Silicon M1/M2 computers!

45% Off All VI Series Collections
To celebrate the releases of our new Apple Silicon updates, we’re offering all VI Series Collections and Single Instruments at unprecedented discounts. Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is included in this offer! Only the best ingredients were used for our VI Series – the finest instruments were recorded in the pure and controlled ambience of our Silent Stage.
As I mentioned in another thread, undocumented is that VI Pro is also VST3 now, and seems to work happily in Silicon.

Here's the sale - https://www.vsl.co.at/en/August_Promo

GR Baumann

Re: VSL VE Pro and VI Pro silicon native and VST3

Post by GR Baumann »

Thanks Guy,

10 years ago I was a VSL User, had both SEs plus some solo instruments and Vienna ensemble Pro, which back then required dongles on every computer, the dongles I still have and I shall look into it, despite being somewhat hefty update prices. Back then, if memory serves, you had three licenses included, now you have only one. Wow. :(

Quick question, perhaps you know that, I just watched the Imperial Video, and tried to find the information, but could not find it. Does it offer full function of my triple pedal?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, for VEP7 they reduced the overall cost but also cut it from three licenses to one. To help swallow that bitter pill, they offer cheaper prices for extra licenses for those legacy customers... IIRC with those extra licenses included the overall cost of VEP 7 was about the same as VEP 6.

Huge usability improvement with VEP 7 IMO.

I know nothing about the Imperial I'm afraid.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Some of the individual instruments are tempting in this sale - the flute is a snip at €45. However I find their website very confusing. There are two columns listed in sample content - the first is unlabelled, the second says "Full Library". Is this an anachronism from when there were two tiers of product? I can't see anything other than the one price now, so are all the articulations included does anyone know?

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Woodwinds_I/Fl ... le_Content

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I’m also looking at VSL solo strings “full” at $162 through Ilio.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Guy Rowland wrote: Aug 03, 2023 8:33 am Some of the individual instruments are tempting in this sale - the flute is a snip at €45. However I find their website very confusing. There are two columns listed in sample content - the first is unlabelled, the second says "Full Library". Is this an anachronism from when there were two tiers of product? I can't see anything other than the one price now, so are all the articulations included does anyone know?

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Woodwinds_I/Fl ... le_Content
It is indeed the full library version with a bazillion articulations. Some pretty good deals there.

richhickey

Post by richhickey »

In moving to iLok they dropped all but the Full versions of the VI series.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

richhickey wrote: Aug 08, 2023 11:01 am In moving to iLok they dropped all but the Full versions of the VI series.
Makes sense, but very odd they've sorta kept the old demarkation between the two editions and don't tell customers what they're actually buying.

Meanwhile I've figured out a new use for VE Pro on my MacBook Air. I didn't realise there are two separate VE Pro server apps - one is silicon, the other Rosetta. So if I need to use Best Service Engine - which stubbornly doesn't work in Cubase or VE Pro silicon - I can just start up VE Pro Rosetta, load it there and link it that way. Works great - a very useful way to host Rosetta-only stuff in general (it can be run alongside the Silicon server too).