There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

UAD $39 sale

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

UAD $39 sale

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well here we are, UAD now bumping along with Waves for the ultra cheap deals. These are for the powered versions of the plugins, and you get a native license (or 2?) thrown in too if it's available for the product.

All the following are $39 at Plugin Boutique until October 2:

Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb
Studer A800 Tape Recorder
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection
API 2500 Bus Compressor
API Vision Channel Strip
dbx 160 Compressor / Limiter
Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection
Manley VOXBOZ Channel Strip
Pultec EQ Collection

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=14267

Linos

Re: UAD $39 sale

Post by Linos »

So UAD does not only step away from their hardware dsp, but also their boutique pricing. The Studer A800 is interesting to me. Perhaps I will pick it up at 39$.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

I think I sold my UAD PCIe card at the exact right time. Got enough money to buy the Arturia FX Collection as well as the Eventide Anthology Collection and an SSL UC1. Been picking up the native UA versions for €22 the last few weeks. Today it was Studer time!

If you buy from UA directly you get a €25 "thank you" coupon as well as the €50 coupon slashing the price down to €22.

Happy times.

Linos

Post by Linos »

Bought the Studer A800 emulation. I'm not sure I'll l have much use for it. But at $39 it's worth it even if it is only sporadically useful.

Kohima

Post by Kohima »

Linos wrote: Sep 27, 2023 3:14 am Bought the Studer A800 emulation. I'm not sure I'll l have much use for it. But at $39 it's worth it even if it is only sporadically useful.
Us it all the time. Check the patches and use it on your master buss as well as separate channels. Always remember with any mixing/mastering plugins that a little goes a long way.

Linos

Post by Linos »

Thanks for the tip Kohima. I will try that. I thought of it more as a plugin of the masterbus, but I will try using it (sparingly) on every channel as well.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Guy Rowland wrote: Sep 26, 2023 9:56 am Well here we are, UAD now bumping along with Waves for the ultra cheap deals. These are for the powered versions of the plugins, and you get a native license (or 2?) thrown in too if it's available for the product.

All the following are $39 at Plugin Boutique until October 2:

API 2500 Bus Compressor
API Vision Channel Strip
Pultec EQ Collection

Unfortunately, all ones I already own except for theManley VOXBOZ Channel Strip and when I demoed it, it didn't wow me.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

tack

Post by tack »

Can you download UAD plugins directly nowadays, or do you still need their UA Connect software?
- Jason

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Ashermusic wrote: Sep 27, 2023 4:14 pm
Guy Rowland wrote: Sep 26, 2023 9:56 am All the following are $39 at Plugin Boutique until October 2:

API 2500 Bus Compressor
API Vision Channel Strip
Pultec EQ Collection

Unfortunately, all ones I already own except for theManley VOXBOZ Channel Strip and when I demoed it, it didn't wow me.
Ain't it always the way? I'm in the same boat.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Ashermusic wrote: Sep 27, 2023 4:14 pm(...) the Manley VOXBOZ Channel Strip and when I demoed it, it didn't wow me.
I have had a Manley VOXBOX license for ages — I don’t know how that happened because I never bought it, probably it was a gift from UA following some purchase or other — and never looked at it, thinking it was not something I would have much use for.
But when the VOXBOX became available in Spark a couple of weeks ago, I thought I might as well find out what this plug-in is actually capable of, and after trying it out on a few things, I have to say: a keeper. A definitely not just for voices. (I don’t do much vocal recording/processing anyway.) The VOXBOX works great on keyboards, basses, drums, … well, anything. A bit tricky at first to get the hang of it — its gainstaging is unusual (but important) — but once you’re familiar with the signal flow and know how to set everything up, it reveals itself as a very good processor. In my opinion anyway.

Essential UA plug-in? No, I don't think so. (Only a few on that PluginBoutique list are, I'd say, and it's always a matter of personal taste and need anyway.) But a useful thing to have available nonetheless, I find. With just enough difference in colour from other mock-analog software to be able to bring new hues and textures to your mixes. I use it surprisingly often.

Jason,
As far as I know UA Connect is required to download and install the Spark-versions of UA plug-ins, yes.

_

wst3

Post by wst3 »

The Manley Voxbox is one of my go-to plugins. Nothing sounds quite like it, and when that's the sound I am seeking, well...

Oddly I don't think I've ever used it for vocals (like Piet I don't record a lot of vocals), but it is killer good on acoustic stringed instruments, and in some cases on guitar amplifiers. I wouldn't call it an acquired taste, or essential, but I would call it very cool.

I have all the UAD2 plugins I want (took quite a while, and quite a few sales to get there), so I am less excited about Spark native versions. For the Unison feature alone I don't see me selling my Apollo anytime soon. And since I already have the Octo satellite and quad PCIe card I figure I might as well keep them, not like I will get much for them now. And that is not a complaint - there are a handful of stand-outs that I just can't duplicate, and the rest are as good as, or better than, other versions.

I am fascinated with this latest marketing approach - I hope it does well for them!