There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Strezov / Afflatus Brass (available for pre-orders)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Strezov / Afflatus Brass (available for pre-orders)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Announced for release early November, Strezov Afflatus Brass is now available for pre-order.
Pre-order price: €479. (Full price: €699)

Demos on the product page.

"Inspired by film and classical music icons, this comprehensive and no-holds-barred collection of brass instruments grants you access to curated ensembles, traditional orchestral sections in various sizes along with soloists, all based on popular soundtracks while covering the classical symphonic repertoire, as well. Consistently recorded normale and with various types of mutes, Afflatus Chapter 2 Brass makes it easier and more satisfying to write for orchestral brass than ever before."

__

Ashermusic

Re: Strezov / Afflatus Brass (available for pre-orders)

Post by Ashermusic »

If it’s as good as the strings, I will use it a lot.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

It's conceivable that it may be even better than the strings, because it's not only supposed to cover similar ground ("9 different curated ensembles") but act as a "workhorse" meat and potatoes library as well.

I already have very good brass libraries, but this has my interest. It may be the ideal companion, and then some, for the very useful Afflatus Strings.

Best,

Geoff

artinro

Post by artinro »

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

They've released a walkthrough:

Best,

Geoff

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Today is the last pre-order day. Tomorrow, Afflatus Brass will be released at a higher, TBA intro price.

Strezov held a live, AMA session on YouTube a few hours ago. Here is the video, for anyone who missed it:

Best,

Geoff