There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

SWAM String Sections

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
srkrishnan

SWAM String Sections

Post by srkrishnan »

SWAM String Sections is a truly innovative suite of four plug-ins, corresponding to the orchestra sections Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Double Basses, and based on Audio Modeling’s exclusive modeling technology. They are capable of emulating orchestras of various sizes, from small chamber ensembles to large symphonic groups. SWAM technology provides instant access to natural orchestral articulations, and sections can be placed together in a virtual room to achieve authentic, blended acoustics. With real-time control over staccato, legato, expression, and more, it represents a revolution in orchestral arrangement and composition, allowing for seamless transitions between different styles and articulations without disrupting the creative flow.

Price - 500 EUR/USD
https://audiomodeling.com/sections/swam ... -sections/

Guy Rowland

Re: SWAM String Sections

Post by Guy Rowland »

We all cry together... is there a demo?

Most of the time it sounded terrific to me. Once or twice I felt the timbre drift to other instrument sections entirely - woodwinds seem to morph in at one point, brass another - but in the main there's a ton of potential here.

Will be keenly looking out for user experiences and walkthroughs.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I'm quite excited to see Audio Modeling finally release their SWAM String Sections.

I will wait for the update, and maybe a discounted pricing, surely, not rushing to buy it at this time.

Given this is the first version, I think they can improve it quite a bit as it matures.

Kohima

Post by Kohima »

The 3rd movement of Bach's Brandenburg 3 sounded like a synthesizer to me. The Morricone sounded synthetic too. Didn't listen any others.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

imho. The Timbre needs major improvements. I also find the attack of notes a bit odd/synthy sounding. also Lacks presence, and maybe some more detail. The sustains have a stale/fake sounding character, not enough change in timbre, kind of too stagnating timbre wise to sound natural, and more realistic.

So, Yes. Lots of improvements are needed. Hopefully they will be able to gradually improve these, and other details via future updates.

None of the video demos posted above impressed me in terms of realism, and overall quality. But I'm a big fan of their Solo SWAM instruments, and optimistic about the future of their Physical Modeling Tech.