There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Scarbee / Sun Bass

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Scarbee / Sun Bass

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Who'd have thought, a new library from Scarbee. And it's another bass: the Sun Bass. (Scarbee makes a point of mentioning that this one will never be included in Komplete as it's not an NI release.)

Top features:
- Up to 60 velocities per note
- Both static and vibrating strings recorded
- 130 Snapshot Presets
- Bridge pickup, Neck pickup and all mix between them.
- 22.737 samples
- Download/install size 9.52 GB (16.89 GB uncompressed)
- Automatic 'Pretones' - sound of finger pressing fret before note is played
- 4 muting levels fully controllable via keyswitches
- 2 types of muting: palm or left hand - or “dynamic foam”
- Doubles: octave, fifth and fourth controllable via keyswitches
- Up to 1885 different articulations variations per note (normal + 4 muting levels)
- 2 Right-hand playing positions - freely switctable

€99.

wst3

Re: Scarbee / Sun Bass

Post by wst3 »

I bought it pretty much the day it was announced. Thomas has never disappointed!

This is not my father's jazz or precision, and I don't think any amount of twiddling and tweaking will get you there, which is fine since I have the Scarbee J and P Bass libraries.

It is a very "modern" sounding bass. Depending on the track you might want to roll off some of the highs, I doubt you'd ever need to enhance them (my taste anyway). Where it works it is really good. Push it too far outside its comfort zone and you might be reaching for one of the others.

I am glad to see Thomas releasing libraries on his own again, I hope that is a trend!