There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

UVI / NI 89% off select bundle

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

UVI / NI 89% off select bundle

Post by Guy Rowland »

Am I right in saying UVI and NI have never had a cross-promotion before? None of these products are Kontakt / NI based after all.

This does look a very good deal, a few of these products are interesting to me:

Augmented Orchestra
Emulation II+
FM Suite
IRCAM Prepared Piano
Meteor
Nagoya Harp
Quadra - Muted and Harmonica
Shade
Synth Anthology 4
Whoosh
8 Bit Synth

All for £179.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... -nks-offer

wst3

Re: UVI / NI 89% off select bundle

Post by wst3 »

It does look like a good deal, even if you only want a couple of them. Heck it's worth it just for the prepared piano (I am a sucker for prepared pianos!)

And that's where I am right now, I'd like to pick up synth anthology 4, Ircam Prepared Piano, & Emu II, I think they'll get some use.

I do tend to think about Kontakt libraries first, probably because I just have more of them?

i do use most of the UVI libraries I've purchased. Out of 17 libraries 7 are duds, which isn't entirely fair, there are at least a couple of those that might be better than I gave them a chance to show.

My favorites:
JP Legacy - no, won't replace a Roland J anything, but it sounds great, and definitely has the J series vibe.

Kroma - I've only played a Chroma once, really wanted one, never got it. Not I do, sort of.

PX V8 - Ah the Voyetra 8 something or other, I had use of one for several months, almost bought one when I had to return the loaner.

PX Guitar Syn - Roland again, I am a fan of all things guitar-synth, and this makes some pretty cool noises that are very reminiscent of my junkers.

USQ-1 - I still have an ESQ-1 in the rack. Just love it. Love having one in the computer even more. They did a real good job on this one.

WaveFrame Sound Collection - believe it or not I did get to play around with an early Waveframe system. It was amazing. Almost a poor man's Synclavier, except for the price, and some post production features.

Darklight IIx - I got this free with some other purchase years ago. Set it aside. When I finally auditioned it I was very glad I had it, lots of cool sounds.

EGP - I think we were talking about the Yamaha Electric Grand recently. I do not use this often, mostly when I need to accent a Rhodes or Wurli, but they really captured the vibe.

Gypsy Jazzy - I'll be candid, I didn't expect much from this, but my curiosity got the better of me. I still haven't used it for anything productive/profitable, but it is fun, and I'm learning a little bit about Gypsy Jazz!

Xtreme FX - just your basic sound effects library, wrapped in a Kontakt wrapper, the sounds are good to very good, and using Kontakt to place SFX is a very smart approach. There are other tools that do the same, they tend to be on the pricey side.

UVI Workstation is a good, solid platform. I have my quibbles with the UI, but I can get over it,

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I think I'm going pass, but it came close. The one that impressed me most listening to the demos was Nagoya Harp, which is a genuinely unique tone I don't have.

I personally don't use prepared piano much / at all, and I do have a few already. Both Augmented Orchestra and Quadra sounds quite good, but not quite good enough to pull a trigger, and most of the rest I feel covered. So I might keep my eye open for a Nagoya deal in future.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

I’ve been using Synth Anthology since the beginning. I wasn’t aware it had been upgrade to version 4, so I’m weighing upgrading for $49 vs buying it new with the bundle.

Back when I first bought its predecessor, Ultra Focus, computer processors weren’t up to the task of hosting quality soft synths. Ultra Focus contained top quality samples of a wide variety of the best hardware synths in existence. Synth Anthology expanded the collection more and more with each iteration.

It’s a great library of well sampled synths; but these days, it faces stiff competition from both soft synths and other sampled synth collections. I still use it from time to time, but it long ago stopped being my go-to. Nonetheless, it’s worth the upgrade price for the improved browsing. It is a massive collection.

I’m tempted by about half of the titles in this bundle, but most of it would be redundant for me. Fortunately, there’s plenty of time to decide.

Best,

Geoff