There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion 1.1 update

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion 1.1 update

Post by Guy Rowland »

NOTE 1.1 update released on March 25, 2023 - scroll down for info.

70 Instruments (45 Core)
including 300 varying articulations (190 Core)

2 comprehensive kit builders (Pro only)
to create, customise and save custom kits

14 prepared kits (8 Core)

Premixed microphone
Close microphone (Pro only)
Stage microphone (Pro only)
Far microphone (Pro only)

Custom mixing (Pro only)
between the close, stage and far microphone sets, carefully prepared and beautifully mixed by ProjectSAM

Virtual stage (Pro only)
Move the instruments over the virtual stage for realistic instrument positioning in the concert hall

Extensive mapping and customisation options
Extensive Dynamic, Round Robin, and Keyswitch controls

Up to 10 round robins per dynamic level (4 for Core)

Extensive mapping and customisation options
Extensive Dynamic, Round Robin, and Keyswitch controls

Adaptive Sync crescendos (and effects for Pro)

NKS accessibility support

Free Kontakt Player license

Free Kontakt Player license

101 GB (Core 16.6 GB)
https://projectsam.com/libraries/lineage-percussion

Looks and sounds as glorious to me as you'd hope.

Intro prices €349+VAT Pro €129+VAT Core

Linos

Re: ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion

Post by Linos »

It sounds very, very good. And looks - exactly like True Strike. After watching the walkthrough it's not at all clear to me why I would need it when I own True Strike. If I didn't, Lineage Percussion would be at the top of my list.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

The demo sounds every bit as good as True Strike. The UI is a bit more flexible, I think.

But I am still discovering things about True Strike, and I don't see enough new stuff to justify purchasing it. At least not at the moment.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I don’t have True Strike, so. A little tempting.

OTOH, I recently acquired CinePerc and have barely dug into it. Think I’ll wait and upgrade Komplete whenever.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yeah, with the full CinePerc in Musio along with all my other stuff, it's hard to justify but it looks and sounds fantastic. Looks incredibly well conceived, and the variation in dynamics sounds particularly good.

I think they did miss a trick not giving TS1 owners a discount, that would have tipped a lot of people over the edge I suspect.

Linos

Post by Linos »

After the introductp¨ory discount, owners of True Strike will get a 10% discount on Lineage Core and Pro.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Huh. For some reason I was thinking this was an N.I.tie-in. Clearly not (yet.)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

as one might guess I spent some time playing around with percussion last night.

Cineperc is DEEP, and I have not spent nearly enough time with it, but I love the sound. It will have to do battle with Toontrack Orchestral Percussion, my previous favorite by a mile, now they are tied. In addition to great sound, I just like the Toontrack UI.

There is always room for runners up, for me they include a handful of specialzed little percussion libraries from the likes of Tonehammer - I mean SoundIron and 8Dio. There are sounds in them there libraries that I know I over use! And for hand percussion it is difficult to beat Brio from Indiginus - that built in sequencer makes it so easy.

Finally there is Flying Hands - I've had it forever, but it gets used for more than familiarity, it sounds great in a mix.

So yeah, as much as I love ProjectSam and the team there I am going to have to pass on Lineage.

I mean I have to draw the line somewhere... right?

Linos

Post by Linos »

Sooo, has anybody bought Lineage Percussion? It does sound great, but I am fine with True Strike and the countless other percusison libraries that I have. I hope this is just the start of a new orchestral series from Project Sam. If they do the other sections of the orchestra too I will most likely be in. Love their sound signature and programming.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I might pick it up today. I LOVE true strike and I have never purchased another orchestral percussion library since 2005, except for the update.

But of course I need to hear the demos/walkthrough. Incredibly excited because it’s going to be much better than true strike as the library shows its age in round robins on certain patches and the timpani, Piatti as well as other things.

I will be checking it out in the next hour or so. I have been waiting for this to come out, fingers crossed it’s an instant buy!

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

My suspicion was right - it sounds fantastic!

It's a massive improvement on an already good sounding library. The cymbals, snares, gran casa are much better now and brings it all into 2024 nicely. The Timpani is amazing and it will replace my existing samples immediately. The tremolos sound good too!

All instruments sound greatly improved and the old fuzzyness is gone, plus we get a lots of RR's. I like the celesta, again it sounds very clear and nice. I hope the vibraphone and tubular bells have been improved a lot too as I really like those instruments.

Instant buy - haven't been excited about a library in a long time!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Tanuj-I assume you bought the Pro?

L.J. Nachsin

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Lawrence wrote: Jan 26, 2024 12:49 pm Tanuj-I assume you bought the Pro?
Yes, I got the pro. The core version has one mic position and less number of instruments and for many people that will be useful. The premixes sound good too but I usually need to make adjustments. I am already using the library in a project right now and reached for mic adjustments :P - just my taste based on the needs of a production.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion 1.1 update

Post by Guy Rowland »

ProjectSAM kindly asked if I’d be interested in reviewing Lineage., with a 1.0 NFR copy. I thought it sounded amazing, but in practice I had quite a few issues. None of the supplied kits covered the most logical ground in the smallest space, and the supplied kit-builder seemed pretty buggy. I just couldn’t assemble anything as I’d want.

I fed my issues back to them and they were brilliant at fixing the bugs. That enabled me to build 8 new kits that cover all the untuned percussion which they then further optimized, so they’re now pretty efficient RAM-wise.

Gran Casa & Snares
Gran Casa Effects & Brushes
Toms & Rototoms
Woods
Metals & Shakers
Cymbals
Magical
Miscellenious

Each is based around the same very broad layout using no keyswitches – individual articulations vary quite a lot from one instrument to another, but the idea is that there should be enough common ground that it should be quick to find your way around without even looking at the GUI (great for VE Pro working).

These kits are now included in 1.1 which is up now on Native Access. I hope others find them useful. There’s also some other instrument updates – a timp patch with dual hits and the vibraphone now has a motor control.

Here’s a walkthrough of my new kits:

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: ProjectSAM Lineage Percussion 1.1 update

Post by Guy Rowland »

FYI there seems to be an issue with the cover art not displaying in the library pane in this 1.1 release version. P Sam are aware.