There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

UVI / Plate (electro-mechanical reverb)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

UVI / Plate (electro-mechanical reverb)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"UVI has released Plate, a custom-shop electro-mechanical reverb with fully-configurable design.
A realtime physically-modeled simulation, Plate allows you to control each aspect of the design including metal type, plate size and aspect, input and output position, multi-component decay, modulation, octave-band and lowcut filters, preamp saturation, render quality and more, all through an intuitive UI with interactive visual editors and a realtime analyzer.

Extensive research and calibration against physical units allow Plate's fully-parametric model to easily replicate the sounds of classic hardware reverbs like the EMT 140 and EMT240, but Plate goes beyond typical sounds and physical boundaries to let you fundamentally alter the design of these mechanical reverbs and even create your own.
"

System requirements:
- 200 MB of disk space (Mac Installer: 126 MB ; Windows Installer: 178 MB)
- 4 GB RAM

Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS 10.8 to macOS 10.14 Mojave (64-bit)
- Windows 8 to Windows 10 (64-bit)

- iLok account (free, dongle not required)
- Internet connection for the license activation

heisenberg

Re: UVI / Plate (electro-mechanical reverb)

Post by heisenberg »

This is not just another plate reverb plug. It is sound designer's tool and a very tasty one at that. Give the overview video a listen. I think many will be interested in this.
Andrew Stone

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

It can do a lot and indeed Andrew, its is great sound designers tool as well. But used it yesterday also on mix for a classical mandolin with the Acoustic Bright Plate preset (adjusted here and there) and gosh....it gave so much to it and exactly what I was looking for. I really like this one (and like many here I have probably way too many verbs, though I find use for them all)

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

The video does make this seem tempting. Such a great VO too. Anyone know how the CPU usage is? Relayer still gives me issues, so I rarely use it.

tack

Post by tack »

UVI Plate looks really quite impressive actually, and not just because it's a Dan Worrall video. (I've been a Worrall fan long before it became fashionable to squee over his presentations.)

The band decay editor is reminiscent of FabFilter Pro-R (which I have). I really, truly don't need another reverb, but the $79 intro price is attractive, and I've been really quite happy with UVI Relayer, and so my GAS is drawing me into temptation.
- Jason

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

tack wrote: Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm The band decay editor is reminiscent of FabFilter Pro-R (which I have). I really, truly don't need another reverb, but the $79 intro price is attractive, and I've been really quite happy with UVI Relayer, and so my GAS is drawing me into temptation.
I have to say, all the demos I listened to on KvR sound very good.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

If you hurry you can buy UVI Plate for 50% off. €64 instead of the usual €129.
(I'd have posted this earlier if I'd had known earlier. Today, Febr. 28th, is the final day of the sale.)

_